PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Minolta magicolor 4695MF black "rain" dirt on paper.

Custom Search

mrdummy
07-27-2014, 10:18 AM
I have installed used 4695MF printer/copier on the work. The first prints are all clean and good sharp. No colors problems.

But after one month use, something strange happens. All prints showed slowly black dirt on BOTH sides even printed single-side.
I think the black drum part has problem on the photosensitive layer. If the layer went bad, it will attract some black toner at random way.

But here it show more "it's raining toner" on the paper. Pretty big toner "splashes" seen over the left part 50% covered. What is more, even back side is also dirty.
I have examined black drum. I saw only a bit too much toner collected. I try carefully vacuumclean them away.
Then i do some print tests again, and they're clean for a while. After 10+ prints the "rain" dirt came slowly back.

This is very strange problem, because other colors are fine and clean. Only black part is not clean. The transferbelt is checked, but it is clean.
And of course, the printer was in the begin clean and no problems with printing. Until now, we have here strange "black toner rain" on the paper.
Because back is also dirty, it confirms the drum give continuously some toner off to the transfer belt even there is no paper passed.

Or do you think the black charge wire is dirty?
Until now, the machine seems working okay, parts are clean and no paper jams.
Must the drum part changed to solve it or not?

HoonBoy
07-27-2014, 08:36 PM
You could try the calibrate option e few times after each other... (3 times)

Temperature and humidity could be a cause...

or the black Image unit is defective or unmodified... And needs to be replaced...

EarthKmTech
07-27-2014, 11:05 PM
black iu - throw it away and get a new one.

problem solved.

I dont even attend site when i see these calls, they are solved over the phone.

mrdummy
08-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Okay, You both say black IU is defective. Not a cheap part.

Well, now i can tell my collegaue about the problem, they may think to buy new IU or to get another printer.

Custom Search