PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C554

Custom Search

radu
07-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Hi guys,

I've been working on this machine for a while now - and I managed to get it running at full potential, with some copy quality problems.

The firmware on it is: GC3-72 and when I do color copies only I get vertical color lines equally spread on the sheet every 7/16 of an inch.

If I select single color cyan - the output comes with magenta stripes, the copy quality is beautiful - if you like stripes :).
Same if you want single color magenta - you get cyan stripes. - for yellow you get magenta stripes.

Print quality is perfect and no stripes - so the problem will be at the scanner section.

I'll dig into this problem myself - but if any of you have seen this before please do enlighten me.

Thank you guys,
Radu

Blizzoo
07-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Those are "line of shame" :P
Be sure to make again the right Setup steps on the MFP like in the Instalation Manual.

radu
07-28-2014, 08:25 PM
What do you mean :(? I'm afraid I don't have the installation manual, I didn't put it together....could you be more specific please?

darry1322
07-28-2014, 08:33 PM
If you don't follow the setup instructions, the copier puts uniform lines down the page of copies to indicate an incomplete setup. The setup will also need to be completed if you have to reset the machine for any reason.

Buggin74
07-28-2014, 11:04 PM
The "4" series copiers do not produce the security lines as all the previous models. I set a ton of these up and we got lazy and just did the adf setups and nothings else and never got the lines. maybe we were just lucky. I had a similar situation on a C360 and it was the ccd.

darry1322
07-29-2014, 02:38 AM
I just cleared the lines on a C364e today. One of the other guys started the setup and never got around to finishing. The sales rep was getting ready to deliver when I checked the machine and got the lines. Went back through the setup and solved the lines.

occus
07-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Those are "line of shame" :P

haha yeah! thats really good :D

radu
07-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Well awesome guys, thank you...at least I know it's nothing serious. I got this copier without ADF and only 10 pages used, so basically new.
I had to install ADF and firmware myself, i never ran a setup on this machines - would it be too much if i'd ask for an installation manual?

I'll try to run ADF settings myself in service mode I guess, maybe I can figure it out.

Thank You very much guys,
Radu

Custom Search