PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C353

Custom Search

t3ch567
08-21-2014, 12:44 AM
Can someone please let me know how to add user codes on a Bizhub C353 to restrict color
thanks for your help

halbrandenburg
08-21-2014, 01:42 AM
User Authentication is the feature. It's in administration mode. I prefer configuring this in the web interface. You can allow the Public User Black and White privileges, and restrict color prints and copies with USER AUTHENTICATION. They will have to log in with a name (case sensitive) and a password at the copier. You can embed the credentials in the print driver, or you can have it pop up and they can enter it on the fly.

wseyller
08-21-2014, 04:05 AM
Most of the time in simple environments instead of authentication we set up "Account Track" IDs for each user. In administrator mode go to account track/authentication and turn on account track. I normally change username/password to just password only. Create users with a simple three or four digit pin code. During the creation there are also option to restrict color and other options such as scanning and even restrict how many pages are allowed. This will also keep track of how many prints/copies users are making for reports.

For printing you can either turn on print without authentication which will allow all printing from anyone which does not track printing and does not need extra configuration to the driver. Otherwise you need to enter the account track pin code into the users print driver in the "Basic" tab then authentication/account track. Or you can configure to prompt for the pin code for each print job if desired.

halbrandenburg
08-21-2014, 12:35 PM
These two authentication methods are similar. If they only want to prohibit prople from making color copies and let everyone make black and white copies, you have to set up User Authentication. With Account Track, everyone has to log in at the copier to make any copies.

JR2ALTA
08-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Still don't know why the ! $@% user auth can't be password only

halbrandenburg
08-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Still don't know why the ! $@% user auth can't be password only

I agree - on the newer KM you can have them select their user name from a list. Not sure if the C353 has the list option. That feature helps some.

Custom Search