PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the Black developer unit in Konica Minolta C5500 (Ikon 550)?

Custom Search

Georgerc
08-30-2014, 06:55 PM
I am getting thin black lines on prints. I want to check the blade on the developer unit.
I am trying to remove the connector, with 4 light purple wires. I was following the instructions in the Parts manual, instruction 5 in page 67 (PDF page 106). I disconnected the connectors. When I try to remove the K developer, the connector is still connected to the unit. I can push it inside, but couldn't take it out. With the connector still with that, I am unable to remove the unit.
What am doing wrong here?

Another question, when I take it out, what should I do with the developing support plate? Should I have to use two of them to let it stand? (This is on page 66)

George

Mick01
09-01-2014, 01:49 AM
Hi George,
Removing the developing units is a relatively easy task.
Which connectors are you trying to remove?
The connector wiring is disconnected from the developing unit itself. There should be no wiring coming from the developing unit when you are removing the developing unit?
In regards to "black lines", it is unlikely your developing unit is causing this. Issues with the developing unit usually cause "void/blank" lines.
Hope this helps

Custom Search