PDA

View Full Version : "server connect error" intermittently when scanning to email on 4e series

Custom Search

SmellsHot
08-31-2014, 08:00 PM
Hey everyone.
Just seeing if anyone has seen this before. I have a few different of these "4e" machines that are getting intermittent server connect errors when scanning to email. It's very strange. You can scan...get the error, and then attempt to scan it right after it errors and then it will go through.
Is anyone else seeing this?

wseyller
09-01-2014, 09:45 PM
What kind of SMTP server is it using? Gmail, internal or external exchange, ect. Try different DNS servers. I've seen some use a primary DNS of the being the router/gateway and then use a public dns like Google for secondary. I've seen in such times swapping DNS and use the public as the primary has help stability in some situations. Also changing the timeout from 60 to 120 may help. Otherwise it maybe hard to determine the issue without some logging and/or packet analysis.

mo0651
09-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Log in to the machine as Admin. Under NETWORK SETTING, look for SSD P Protocal. Disable... Don't no why this is causing issues but it does solve silly network issues. It worked for us on a machine with same issues as yours.

occus
09-03-2014, 07:33 AM
We have the same problem with 4e series...
The connection is very important too... better to take a real LAN and no wireless or powerline!

@mo0651
Thank you for your hint, i will try.

emujo
09-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Been dealing with this since the e series came out. Had a capture program running and it looks like the MFP adds the domain name twice occasionally, so the copier trys to log in as "domainname\domainname\user name. We have not found a true fix for this yet. Some workarounds you may try...Use the SMTP IP address instead of host name, remove the domain info from the TCP/IP settings, and add it as part of the login user name, disable all authentication types and try enabling each one then test (ie simple, Kerberos, etc). Hope this helps you. Emujo

Tom40
09-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Shutdown of ip v6 protocol should solve the problem

occus
09-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Been dealing with this since the e series came out. Had a capture program running and it looks like the MFP adds the domain name twice occasionally, so the copier trys to log in as "domainname\domainname\user name. We have not found a true fix for this yet. Some workarounds you may try...Use the SMTP IP address instead of host name, remove the domain info from the TCP/IP settings, and add it as part of the login user name, disable all authentication types and try enabling each one then test (ie simple, Kerberos, etc). Hope this helps you. Emujo

What do you mean? the mfp switch the login information, one time with domain and one time without?
What is your experience? Have you the failure permanent or only sometime?

There is a Firmware with sw-switch for the domain name problem, but in my case it doesn't resolve the problem (maybe it was a connection problem)

fishleg
09-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Had this a lot completely random drives us bonkers. Works then randomly stops with server connection error, try 30 mins later works no problems. What programs are people using to packet sniff?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

emujo
09-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Wireshark.Emujo

Custom Search