PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C6500 - Confusing maintenance counters

Custom Search

Eva
09-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone,

We have one of these C6500 machines which we maintain in-house but it is our first BIG machine for now so not to familiar with some of its parts yet.
The machine prints perfect, but I would like to follow the maintenance schedule to avoid problems.
I have just noticed that some parts in the maintenance list have gone into RED earlier than expected.

I do have the maintenance manual, but I find the maintenance list and terminology are a bit confusing.

Examples:
Part number: A03UA330
Drum cartridge/Y (Page) : 89000/200000
Drum cartridge/Y (Distance %) : 111/100
The service manual says: "Compares the drive distance of the drum with that of the Lubricant applying roller and shows the larger count number in percentage with respect to the end of its parts life".
Question: what exactly is the drive distance and why it is reached so early, less than half the maximum page count?

Part number: A04PT700
Enclosed Developing /Y (Page) : 89000/200000
Enclosed Developing /Y (Distance %) : 111/100
The service manual says: "Counts the drive distance of the developing roller and shows the count in percentage with respect to the end of its parts life"
Questions:
1. What exactly is the drive distance and why it is reached so early, less than half the maximum page count?
2. What exactly is the "Enclosed Developing"? Is it the developer powder, or something else?

Can somebody explain these to me in somewhat simpler terms?
Many thanks in advance :)

monkeybum
09-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Hi,

The drive distance basically refers to the drum/dev etc turning. So......

With the drum, if the drive distance reaches 106km or the lubricating roller reaches 130km, regardless of page count then technically the drum has reached the end of its useful life.

With the dev, the distance relates the the mag roller turning and thats measured distance is 130km.

The machine will turn drums and devs etc even when not actually printing. During callibrations, stableization, warm up, density correction (the list goes on) and these all contribute to the drive distance. However, I wouldnt worry about it too much! Run the machine by the page counts unless of course you have any problems with copy quality.

One other thing to bear in mind.........

Machines that are used heavily for black and white will suffer this a lot as the colour units are still doing something but not actually printing pages!

Enclosed developing is the dev

Hope that makes a little more sense to you, let me know if you're still unsure

Eva
09-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Many thanks for this great answer :D
Another 110k pages will be great as this is what we basically print on this machine in one year!

Just one more thing...you say that the Enclosed Developing (Part number: A04PT700) is the dev, but there is another part further down the list Developing unit/Y (Part number: A03UA370)
The service manual has the following note about the Enclosed Developing: "Counts the drive distance of the developing roller". Is this a roller inside the developing unit?
As I said above we are probably 110k pages away from replacing this but I'm curious about what it is. :rolleyes:

monkeybum
09-02-2014, 06:31 PM
No worries!

the first part number is the dev itself and has a life if 200K

the he second is the dev unit that you pour the dev into and has a life of 600K. In my experience you should get quite a bit more out of a dev unit.

the roller it refers to is the magnetic roller in the dev unit. It's the one you see with all the dev stuck to when you take the unit out. They count how that turns to work out dev life as you can't really count dev powder turning

if you only use the machine for low volume then that will go some way to explain why you are seeing the distance totals reached much sooner than the page counts.

Custom Search