PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta bizhub 364e Waste Toner Box Full

Custom Search

blackcat4866
09-02-2014, 05:59 PM
While I sit here watching my status bar creep along, as the manual downloads ... I was wondering if anybody has seen false Waste Toner Box Full indication, on a bizhub 364e (monochrome version).

Mine is not a mechanical problem. I've been metering voltages for the two photosensors PC1 and PC2. It's not exactly easy since to have everything plugged in properly, you have to follow the traces around to pins on the front side of the FR-PWB, then plug everything in, then you can pin it out live from the front.

So now I have the pinouts:
PC1 is getting 1.16vdc to the sender, the receiver varies from 3.31 unblocked to 3.39 blocked.
PC2 is getting 0.001vdc to the sender, the receiver varies from 0.11 unblocked to 1.57 blocked.

When I get the manual up I will be able to confirm that these are 5vdc photointerrupters, and the problem is occurring before the FR-PWB. The input voltages I'm getting at CN1 of the FR-PWB are 3.4vdc, 3.4vdc, and 24.2vdc. I'm thinking that those are supposed to be 5.0vdc, 5.0vdc, and 24.0vdc. Has anyone worked on this issue? =^..^=

Eva
09-02-2014, 06:16 PM
We don't replace the waste box we just empty it :p but we noticed that if we don't wash it and put it back dirty, sometimes it says the box is full but it is not.

blackcat4866
09-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks Eva, but I've effectively ruled out the waste toner box as the cause. I have three new ones sitting here, and it won't recognize any of them. It's going to run a little deeper than that.

I've traced my voltages back to CN7 on what I think is the PRCB. Same 3.4vdc at pins 7 and 9, 24.2 at pin 5. =^..^=

We'll see if the PRCB and/or the FR_PWB solve this.

blackcat4866
09-04-2014, 02:39 AM

So now I have the pinouts:
PC1 is getting 1.16vdc to the sender, the receiver varies from 3.31 unblocked to 3.39 blocked.
PC2 is getting 0.001vdc to the sender, the receiver varies from 0.11 unblocked to 1.57 blocked.

When I get the manual up I will be able to confirm that these are 5vdc photointerrupters, and the problem is occurring before the FR-PWB. The input voltages I'm getting at CN1 of the FR-PWB are 3.4vdc, 3.4vdc, and 24.2vdc. I'm thinking that those are supposed to be 5.0vdc, 5.0vdc, and 24.0vdc. Has anyone worked on this issue? =^..^=

Ok, I learned a little more today. First by trying in the PRCB, Then from re-installing the FR_PWB to the C364e.

On both machines the outputs at CN7 @PRCB (and CN1 @FR_PWB) are 3.4vdc, 3.4vdc, 24.2vdc. Since our in-house machine is operational I must assume that it's normal. It's normal to get a C4802 code when installing the new PRCB. It's a data mismatch, and there's a simple recovery procedure in the manual.
For comparison purposes I pinned out PC1 and PC2 to see what normal operation looks like. All the same pinouts on the front of the board still work on both models. The only difference was the PC1 receiver changing state from 0.11 unblocked to 3.3vdc blocked.

I'm expecting the FR_PWB will resolve this. It comes in Thursday. =^..^=

habik
09-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Have you tried swapping just the detection sensor? Sounds cheaper than pwb.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

xscotty1990
09-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Maybe PC1 is broken and high-resistance?

blackcat4866
09-05-2014, 12:59 AM
Have you tried swapping just the detection sensor? Sounds cheaper than pwb.

It's hard soldered to the board, and that wouldn't have stopped me ... but the resistance readings for PC1 & PC2 are exactly the same on the new PWB and the bad PWB. My conclusion (perhaps incorrect) is that the photointerrupter itself is Ok, and the logic circuitry on the FR_PWB is bad.

Maybe PC1 is broken and high-resistance?

Same answer. I read the resistance both ways, since diodes read infinite in one direction. I did not de-solder the photointerrupters, so the resistance readings I took included the circuit resistance in the value.

I documented the pinouts for anybody working through this problem. I'll attach the JPEG with photos another day. The FR_PWB did resolve the issue today. It printed for an hour. I think everybody continued to send print jobs, the same jobs again and again ... since last Friday. =^..^=

CraigW
09-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Open ICP someplace ???

blackcat4866
09-06-2014, 02:08 AM
Maybe. ICP's so damn small now that I can't even see them, let alone test them. Or maybe it's the old eyes. In either case, there's not much I can do with them. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
09-06-2014, 03:56 AM
I know you're stubbornly self-reliant, but why the cus wouldn't you call Konica? Are you not a dealer? This machine is new enough to be under warranty. they might have info in their knowledge base for a quick fix, but at the very least they can get your board for free.

blackcat4866
09-06-2014, 02:08 PM
I know you're stubbornly self-reliant, ...

Hmmm. You might have something there. We have techs trained, just not me. It's a good thing that doesn't matter so much.

I don't think I need somebody to tell me to try swapping this or that. I get my kicks figuring how it works, and I don't expect anyone at the hotline can tell me that. =^..^=

DUKEY
09-09-2014, 04:23 AM
I'm going to take a pot shot here and say I've seen the waste neck get backed up/clogged which gives the same message.

habik
09-09-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm going to take a pot shot here and say I've seen the waste neck get backed up/clogged which gives the same message.

Interesting, I know for sure that the previous series C220 had the issue with clogged ITB shut, but that was always following with noise from ITB piling waste toner in auger. With C224 never had this issue.

Custom Search