PDA

View Full Version : 754 BW + FS535 staple issue

Custom Search

habik
09-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Simplex 2 sets corner staple all day long. Simplex 2 sets 2 staples jam in exit .Rear staple is punched in, then staple carriage is dragging it self to 2-nd staple position (front) with timing out and eventual jam 7721(jam history) jam 35 for user OR it will just spin the exit feed roller forever and machine needs Trouble Reset. Checked M13 in service mode Front, Rear, Middle front, Middle rear staple positioning no problem. Synced with Sensors PS50,51,52,53 during M13 check up abd each position gets corresponding PS sensor to ON (1) and all traveling speeds seem normal for the M13 whilst in service mode. Home position for stapler OK. Downgraded from G20-34 to G00-10 to see if issue is persisting, and it is! Had quite a few C1156(Board + Solenoids (broken springs) were changed!

FS536 PWB Board was changed couple of months ago. Solenoids were changed for the upgraded with new springs.

Getting bamboozled as what is causing it!

Machine is stuck on Paper Cut.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

habik
09-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Solution ...PS51 is a c**t operating under cover!! Bad connector connection, which was not showing yesterday as it was switching I/0 and "acting" normal. Few bent plates!!

If you interested you can have a read in my notes. I wrote them to ensure I am not going crazy and I haven't missed something. Don't do it often, but this time I had to. You will notice that solution was almost available on the beginning but who knew that yesterdays I/O check up would fail me today.

Here is a video link of behavior on 5sets Simplex 2 staples resulting in no problem (Job5 on page2 in my notes)

http://youtu.be/WiydqOodBnM

Here is a video link of behavior on 5sets Duplex 2 staples resulting staple carriage going to the front PS and crashing against the end continuously.(Job7 on page 2 in my notes) :)

http://youtu.be/7F2IZeJf3ts

blackcat4866
09-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Wow! that is a strange one. My last two desperation measures may have helped here:

1) ElectroKleen contact spray
http://www.cpicorrelated.com/PIS/Electrokleen-Aerosol-Spec_110310.pdf
The nice thing about this cleaner is it's non-flammable, non-conductive, so you can spray it on live contacts without risking damage to your circuit. Most of the time, I'll shut down the circuit anyway, though. It's just not worth the risk of blowing a(nother) board by connecting/disconnecting loads while hot. Especially good on Ultrex connectors, if you've ever worked on older Canons.
2) Cutting wire ties and installing looser ones. I'll re-group together 5v logic level wiring, 24v component wiring separately, and 110vac fuser wiring also separate.
It's not such a big deal now, but when I started, we'd find the wires nearly cut in half by over-tight ties. The explanation I got was that the makers of such wire harnesses are rewarded for neatness, and the tighter the ties, the neater is appears.

Nice video. I could tell right away when the stapler was going to error out. It shifted to the front at about half of the normal speed, then totally ignored the limit switch.
I make similarly over-complicated, mostly illegible notes just like yours. It's a good way to organize your observations, and you just never know what's going to be important until the machine is fixed. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
09-11-2014, 09:18 AM
7221 on this style finisher when 2 positon stapling can also be caused by excess slop in the stapler movement when it gets worn, that was certainly the case on the older FS-526 finisher.

Rear position works fine, stapler moves to front, bounces out of blocking secondary position photo sensor due to slop in the mechanism, doesnt staple, gets confused then throws a jam code. Recognise it every time and its very easy to fix.

blackcat4866
09-11-2014, 01:08 PM
7221 on this style finisher when 2 positon stapling can also be caused by excess slop in the stapler movement when it gets worn, that was certainly the case on the older FS-526 finisher.

Rear position works fine, stapler moves to front, bounces out of blocking secondary position photo sensor due to slop in the mechanism, doesnt staple, gets confused then throws a jam code. Recognise it every time and its very easy to fix.

So don't keep us in suspense. How do you fix it? =^..^=

habik
09-12-2014, 03:43 PM
So don't keep us in suspense. How do you fix it? =^..^=

What EarthKmTech meant IMHO is that the retainer/paper collector in staple section has 4 U-shape brackets , two of them were bent upwards front and rear am I right?

This "may"have caused the carriage to knock the sensors with the metal plate flag (talking just from top of my head, not sure if the carriage actually is able to lift up at all. That was my initial fix bending those plates. What I wasn't expecting is for the sensor to be in funny connection.
Regarding the plates they are modified, but could not get the parts for some reason :(..so it should come out from production..I hope.

Thanks for the last resort tips BlackCat. Funny enough I used to put apart harnesses for fusers connectors on Kyocera 5050 ..and later on the did the fuser connector upgrade mod.

Custom Search