PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica c203 noise!

Custom Search

acsolutions
09-06-2014, 02:21 AM
Hello, Noise coming from main drive section! found that the used toner section is binding! when I remove the cluster gear set to the waste toner drive there is no binding! there is a shaft that drives off the waste toner mechanism that seems to be binding and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to remove it to clean the back up of toner( I can see the shaft in the back of the machine through the frame!) ! I can turn the shaft but it's difficult! If anyone has any suggestions on how I can drive the toner out without removing any components, that would be great! Thanks

fishleg
09-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Air compressor from inside machine up the toner shoot. Hoover toner hoppers out then blast from inside. Worked a couple of times for us. Before doing anything work out which hopper is blocked, take all toners out look into the hoppers from above one will be overflowing that's the one. You cant remove it without total destruction... Would take days we tried :p.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

acsolutions
09-07-2014, 05:14 AM
Air compressor from inside machine up the toner shoot. Hoover toner hoppers out then blast from inside. Worked a couple of times for us. Before doing anything work out which hopper is blocked, take all toners out look into the hoppers from above one will be overflowing that's the one. You cant remove it without total destruction... Would take days we tried :p.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Ill give that a try, Thanks!

habik
09-07-2014, 08:48 PM
There is two gears with 90 degree meshing. One just next to waste box and the exact in main drive. I've changed both at the same time. Couldn't be asked to trust the slight wear out when one of the augers got blocked. If the machine was used a lot whilst the issue was occurring, sure change needed. Regards toner hopper/ auger that is a pig of a job to get it out, try the compressor if it fails you can try stretched spring to sort of thread in the auger, just be sure not to damage the wire that flips toner in the auger mechanism!! I had one auger that I couldn't break the toner inside and I had the unit out on the table!! So I wish you the very best of luck!! I've made a video as well on what you got to take out. Search youtube ;) you'll find it :)

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

habik
09-07-2014, 09:02 PM
http://youtu.be/qeTjSW-Styk

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Guy Milner
09-08-2014, 12:08 AM
Hello, Noise coming from main drive section! found that the used toner section is binding! when I remove the cluster gear set to the waste toner drive there is no binding! there is a shaft that drives off the waste toner mechanism that seems to be binding and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to remove it to clean the back up of toner( I can see the shaft in the back of the machine through the frame!) ! I can turn the shaft but it's difficult! If anyone has any suggestions on how I can drive the toner out without removing any components, that would be great! Thanks

Yes, this a toner blockage. I cleared with good old fashioned pipe cleaners and a vac. No strip down luckily !!

Custom Search