PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C451, Set the toner cartridge (K)

Custom Search

mkoltowski
09-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Hi. I've problem with Bizhub C451. When I install cartridge, on display copier shows me "Set the toner cartridge(K)". Next I pull out them and install again, and it's ok. But when I power off and power on copier, again shows "Set the toner cartridge (K)". Help. ;-)

Rolandito
09-08-2014, 10:04 PM
are you using OEM Konica Toner TN411K???

mo0651
09-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Has been a while and can't remember the bulletin. But if you clean the claw mechanism at the back of the toner rails. It will allow the mechanism to work better. It has some toner build up in it.

mkoltowski
09-09-2014, 07:17 AM
I'm using OEM toner. This toner in other machine work. I change motor and claw in copier.

pepper38_cnd
09-09-2014, 12:14 PM
You probably need to change the toner drive assembly. If you look in with a flashlight and see the white drive assembly is not centered it is broken. When you remove the drive assembly the white piece will fall out it's not supposed to. Note each drive assembly drives 2 colors so the broken one could be the color next to the one that is giving you issues.

mkoltowski
09-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I changed the toner drive assembly and is the same. Also I replaced toner chips reader.

I noticed that when I power on copier and I get this message, after opening and closing the door of the toners (without removing the toner cartridge) message disappears.

Even if this message appears ("Set the toner cartridge K"), I can copy and print.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?

pepper38_cnd
09-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Check all chip contacts both toner and iu's make sure noe are bent and are not touching the metal plate.

danikelado
09-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Hi, first forgive my English, I do not speak English, I will use a translator from Spanish to English for my comment.I've had this problem on a Bizhub C550 and after trying everything they say, at the end I realized I did not turn the auger well inside the boat toner.The toner is acomulaba at one end and kept turning the endless interior. as known and sometimes not done is move the toner as indicated before placing in the machine.

Synaux
09-14-2014, 09:29 PM
I changed the toner drive assembly and is the same. Also I replaced toner chips reader.

I noticed that when I power on copier and I get this message, after opening and closing the door of the toners (without removing the toner cartridge) message disappears.

Even if this message appears ("Set the toner cartridge K"), I can copy and print.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?

Easy way to make sure the chip is being read: take a chip off any other color toner that you are not currently using and install it on the black toner, if you do not immediately get a code, then the chip is not being read or there is some sort of data issue/board issue (perhaps firmware)!

toner cartridge
09-17-2014, 07:36 AM
Hi, first forgive my English, I do not speak English, I will use a translator from Spanish to English for my comment.I've had this problem on a Bizhub C550 and after trying everything they say, at the end I realized I did not turn the auger well inside the boat toner.The toner is acomulaba at one end and kept turning the endless interior. as known and sometimes not done is move the toner as indicated before placing in the machine.

i think your suggestion is right. . i also have a customer meet this problem "KM Bizhub C451, Set the toner cartridge (K)".
he thought is toner chip problem, but our technician checked, anyways, not toner chip problem, i will suggest our customer
to do like you, try to solve problem. thanks for your share.

toner chip manufacture (http://www.einmay.com)

toner cartridge
09-18-2014, 03:13 AM

i think your suggestion is good. I have a customer also meet this problem, and he thought is chips problem, and our chip technician checked
the chip is OK.. i will recommend your idea to him, to try to solve the problem. thanks in advance.

toner chip supplier (http://www.einmay.com)

Custom Search