PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email Konica Minolta Bizhub c452

Custom Search

JVC
10-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Hello

I would like to start with a thank you. I have been thrown into the Konica Minolta line by surprise and I really appreciate the help everyone is offering.

I am trying to set up this Konica Minolta Bizhub c452 to scan to email using a g mail account. I have tried following different instructions including a video on you tube. Can anyone give me a rundown of what settings I need to put in to try and get this set up for the customer. They have Comcast internet and I have set up many Toshiba s using g mail but have had no luck yet with the Konica Minolta line.

Again Thank you

TheOwl
10-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Hello

I would like to start with a thank you. I have been thrown into the Konica Minolta line by surprise and I really appreciate the help everyone is offering.

I am trying to set up this Konica Minolta Bizhub c452 to scan to email using a g mail account. I have tried following different instructions including a video on you tube. Can anyone give me a rundown of what settings I need to put in to try and get this set up for the customer. They have Comcast internet and I have set up many Toshiba s using g mail but have had no luck yet with the Konica Minolta line.

Again Thank you

Go into web interface and make sure the following settings are setup as required:

1. Log in as the administrator
2. System Settings
3. Enter in the Administrator and machine email addresses as the GMail address that you have
4. OK
5. Network Settings
6. Email Settings
7. Email TX (SMTP)
8. Tick "Please check to enter host name."
9. Server address should be "smtp.gmail.com"
10. Select "Start TLS" from Use SSL/TLS
11. Change the top port number to "587"
12. Enable SMTP Authentication
13. In User ID, enter in the email address of the account
14. Enter in the password for the account (you may need to tick Password is Changed to enter it in)
15. Ok

emujo
10-21-2014, 12:43 AM
Ditto to "the owl", and don't forget to give the MFP a "from" and admin email address. Emujo

PS Good way to start your thread, much better than "someone please send me firmware"...

pgramolini
10-21-2014, 01:01 AM
Make sure the "machine name" is correct. That setting being incorrect gave me the pleasure of sitting on the phone with tech support for an extra 1/2 hour.

wseyller
10-21-2014, 02:11 AM
Also if your DNS & gateway settings are not correct you will not be able to get on the internet nor resolve the hostname of smtp.gmail.com

I personally always use SSL instead of TLS with port 465 but TLS with 587 works too. Just my preference.

Also there is a ping tool if you need it. In admin mode from the control panel go to network settings then "detail settings" then you will see the ping tool. you can ping the mail server to make sure it can contact it.

If you have your own gmail account can use it as a test temporarily to make sure it works. I've had customer give me the wrong password and trying your own will confirm all other settings good so you don't go chasing other causes.

habik
10-21-2014, 07:59 AM
As Wseyller. I use 465 SSL myself. When doing fresh instal DHCP enable and let the machine pull everything from the network. Then IF static is required change afterward. DNS "should be" in by then. If not enter manually.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

JVC
10-21-2014, 07:59 PM
I just completed the set up and am scanning. Again thank you all.

Custom Search