PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub 601 Scan To Email Fails Cuts off file.

Custom Search

Bahx
10-22-2014, 11:04 PM
Currently i'm servicing a Konica Bizhub 601 we're having a scan to email issue where the user wants to scan ~50 pages to their email. After the job finishes the file that is sent to their email is ~20 pages in total, page 17 is half of scanned document half black and the remainder are solid black.

I've been trying to locate settings, to change the file size within the Admin GUI but have had no luck. Even if I change the resolution on the copier side (all remote work atm) I don't understand how/why a file is unable to fully scan to email and fails to produce the entire file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wseyller
10-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Currently i'm servicing a Konica Bizhub 601 we're having a scan to email issue where the user wants to scan ~50 pages to their email. After the job finishes the file that is sent to their email is ~20 pages in total, page 17 is half of scanned document half black and the remainder are solid black.

I've been trying to locate settings, to change the file size within the Admin GUI but have had no luck. Even if I change the resolution on the copier side (all remote work atm) I don't understand how/why a file is unable to fully scan to email and fails to produce the entire file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

About the only way I can think of the lower the file size is to use a lower resolution in the scan settings. It only helps so much. This model doesn't have the Compact PDF that the newer models have.

Other than that there is a setting in the SMTP settings called Binary Division. With this setting checked you enter in the max size of the attachment. It will then create multiple emails for a large job and you have to put it back together.

Due to limitations of most email server's file attachment size and limitations on this model you don't have many options. I recommend scanning to a SMB folder.

Bahx
10-23-2014, 12:51 AM
About the only way I can think of the lower the file size is to use a lower resolution in the scan settings. It only helps so much. This model doesn't have the Compact PDF that the newer models have.

Other than that there is a setting in the SMTP settings called Binary Division. With this setting checked you enter in the max size of the attachment. It will then create multiple emails for a large job and you have to put it back together.

Due to limitations of most email server's file attachment size and limitations on this model you don't have many options. I recommend scanning to a SMB folder.

Thanks for the reply, I've verified the email servers size limit is greater than 200MB. We even used the same email information with another machine that C220 to verify the information (different network environment, different location). My biggest confusion is how it's missing data from the file it's sending off. If there was a device on the network that was blocking communication or terminating a connection to soon, the file would be degraded and I believe corrupt.

As the scan to email feature is our main concern would you have any other ideas that may be causing this issue?

CompyTech
10-23-2014, 02:42 AM
Does the 601 have an HDD?

allan
10-23-2014, 07:42 AM
If it is the machine then FTP scan should be messed up as well. Try scanning to thumb drive and check the doc. I had issues on B601 scanning slow or not scanning correctly because of HDD problems. Try a different mail server.

Bahx
10-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Does the 601 have an HDD?
No HDD is installed.

If it is the machine then FTP scan should be messed up as well. Try scanning to thumb drive and check the doc. I had issues on B601 scanning slow or not scanning correctly because of HDD problems. Try a different mail server.

I'll walk them through scanning with a thumb drive, and before that I'll change the mail server settings just to be sure. If it was the mail server I assume it would deny or truncate the file, which should either fail to send, or make the file corrupt due to missing elements.

Thanks again for the replies.

Mr Spock
10-23-2014, 11:00 PM
No hdd equals about 15-17 pages of data before the job is over memory limit. Hdd equals about 900 pages.

Custom Search