PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 fuser rebuild?

Custom Search

brent
10-30-2014, 05:15 PM
I see on on a thread here yesterday some folks are rebuilding bizhub 200 250 350 fusers
is there kits available for the 423 series to rebuild?

thanks
brent

Hansoon
10-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Brent you don't need "kits". Just an UFR, that's it. Just did one this morning it is very easy. Just take care not to lose the carbon tip of the ground terminal which rides at the front of the UFR and make before a picture how the wiring is routed to make re installation easier. MY clunky brains are not able to memorize it anymore....

Hans

brent
10-30-2014, 05:53 PM
thanks those new fusers from minolta are 300 plus.. so you dont need to replace the lfr?

brent

Hansoon
10-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Never replaced a LFR nor bearings nor bushings on my 350's yet though I have machines with over 1 million prints.

Hans

brent
10-30-2014, 09:15 PM
hansoon.. just to be clear. are you talking about the 423 or the 350 series.

and are you buying the ufr from katun or copylite? or?

thanks.. just wanted to make sure I was following you correctly

brent

Hansoon
10-31-2014, 06:59 AM
For me the BH-423 is "new" so no experience yet but since the design is an improved version of the BH-350 series, I feel that it will function just as well with after market UFR's.

I used K rollers until about some time ago but had to stop because of a sudden appearance of a "whining" noise coming from the thermistors rubbing over the surface and at the same time it seemed that suddenly too these rollers where having build ups of toner mainly at the front side of the UFR.

Since the after sales procedures of that supplier are less than sub-standard (or to put it plainly - they don't care a fuck) I even didn't care to claim these problems but found instead a very small factory able to make my own rollers according to my specifications which are now being tested in my machines.

Hans

brent
10-31-2014, 07:11 AM
For me the BH-423 is "new" so no experience yet but since the design is an improved version of the BH-350 series, I feel that it will function just as well with after market UFR's.

I used K rollers until about some time ago but had to stop because of a sudden appearance of a "whining" noise coming from the thermistors rubbing over the surface and at the same time it seemed that suddenly too these rollers where having build ups of toner mainly at the front side of the UFR.

Since the after sales procedures of that supplier are less than sub-standard (or to put it plainly - they don't care a fuck) I even didn't care to claim these problems but found instead a very small factory able to make my own rollers according to my specifications which are now being tested in my machines.

Hansthanks Hans. Very interesting
ill do some more research over this way I'd I can get these rollers as well
brenr

thanks

allan
10-31-2014, 11:12 AM
The UFR for B350 and B423 is the same part. it is only the wiring on the thermistor that is different but you can modify the B350 ones to work seeing that Minolta does not supply the thermistors for the new machines. There is aftermarket thermistors available but the rollers does not seem to last like they used to.

Mr. Joshua
11-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Brent you don't need "kits". Just an UFR, that's it. Just did one this morning it is very easy. Just take care not to lose the carbon tip of the ground terminal which rides at the front of the UFR and make before a picture how the wiring is routed to make re installation easier. MY clunky brains are not able to memorize it anymore....

Hans

While I'd rather it didn't happen, I've lost plenty of carbon tips and it's never caused an issue. Do be extremely careful, the carbon tip is on the end of a metal "spring". If you allow the spring to release it's energy, let's just say you better run out and purchase a Powerball ticket if you can find the carbon tip because you're one lucky SOB.

Hansoon
11-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Picture of our custom made UFR for the BH-363/423 series. This roller was installed new and than it made one run of 35K A4 prints with heavy solids on (stinking) Recycling Paper in our print shop.

Except of the slight haze from the recycling paper it looks good IMHO. That haze can be wiped of easily with a dry cloth or with using some Windex. Likely its coming from the paper not toner ofcourse. Don't know yet if there would be a difference if those 35K prints where made not as a single run but intermittent print jobs allowing the fuser to cool down and needing reheating between print cycles.

Hans

copier addict
11-03-2014, 01:54 PM
You can see where the separators and thermistor are starting to wear into the roller after only 35K. Not a good sign. I would say another 20K or so and that roller will be leaving black lines on copies. IMHO.
Darren

Hansoon
11-03-2014, 03:51 PM
You can see where the separators and thermistor are starting to wear into the roller after only 35K

No not really. After cleaning and removing of the crud from the recycling paper there is no sign at all of wear.

Hans

brent
11-03-2014, 06:36 PM
I have machines that the fuser will go 300k and some right at 100 I know its environment paper copying habits..
I am sure all those things determine the length of the fuser life

brent

brent
11-05-2014, 07:25 PM
thanks for the information. I may have to see if katun sells these and try a couple out. even in the cost per copy machines
it could save me some coin

brent

Hansoon
11-06-2014, 02:11 AM
Brent, "some" aftermarket rollers are make "whining" noises from rubbing of the thermistor over the Teflon surface..........

Hans

HuronMan
11-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Hey Ya'll,
I haven't tried to replace a 423 roller yet, but I have ordered the di3510 uppers(4030570103) and use them in the bw200/250/350's. Seems like it should work for the 423. Working for a branch, we don't get aftermarket stuff and are supposed to order units.
BTW, get the 423 roll kits(a1udr90100) for these old 350 developer units. They'll out live the entire machine.

Custom Search