PDA

View Full Version : KM C550 replace fuser - still error

Custom Search

jeremyb503
10-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Hey folks, You guys have been really helpful in the past so here I am again. My C550 start throwing the error on the screen last week "Have the fusing unit replaced soon" I ordered a new fuser and installed it this afternoon and I still see the same error. My service guy cannot seem to fix it. He tells me the coutners need to be reset, but I thought they reset automatically? If I go to utilities I only see one item: 4 - Chechk consumable life.

When I look in there it does show the fuser over life even though it is brand new.

I have tried to get in to service mode with stop00stop01 but it does not seem to work.

Can anyone help me out here? I have a customer that is ready to skin me because there stuff is not printed yet :)

jeremyb503
10-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Hey folks, You guys have been really helpful in the past so here I am again. My C550 start throwing the error on the screen last week "Have the fusing unit replaced soon" I ordered a new fuser and installed it this afternoon and I still see the same error. My service guy cannot seem to fix it. He tells me the coutners need to be reset, but I thought they reset automatically? If I go to utilities I only see one item: 4 - Chechk consumable life.

When I look in there it does show the fuser over life even though it is brand new.

I have tried to get in to service mode with stop00stop01 but it does not seem to work.

Can anyone help me out here? I have a customer that is ready to skin me because there stuff is not printed yet :)

So I finally go in to service mode and the machine will not let me reset the fuser counter. I can reset all the other ones, but not that one. Any thoughts?

EarthKmTech
10-31-2014, 12:31 AM
C550 should reset fuser life automatically, you can not do it in service mode.

It detects the fuser as being new by a green fuse near the connection plug in the fusing unit. If it is used or been in another machine it would be blown and no longer detected as new. You will have to replace the fuse.

Test the fuse with an ohm meter, if it is open circuit its blow, if not and machine wont detect it as new, something is wrong - probably a bad prcb.

tcaterino
09-09-2022, 04:02 PM
C550 should reset fuser life automatically, you can not do it in service mode.

It detects the fuser as being new by a green fuse near the connection plug in the fusing unit. If it is used or been in another machine it would be blown and no longer detected as new. You will have to replace the fuse.

Test the fuse with an ohm meter, if it is open circuit its blow, if not and machine wont detect it as new, something is wrong - probably a bad prcb.

Where can I get the fuse?

emujo2
09-09-2022, 06:15 PM
Grainger, Amazon, Ace hardware Fast acting 800ma 250V AGC.

Toxic
09-09-2022, 06:38 PM
I was always used 80 or 100mA, 800mA could be too much if it is not typo error :)

Synthohol
09-10-2022, 12:26 PM
ive always use a pico fuse, 1/16A (.063A)

Custom Search