PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-20, not recognizing K-Toner.

Custom Search

Hansoon
11-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Big problem, customer has about twenty faxes with orders coming from unknown customers stored in this machine and they "forgot" to replace the K toner in time. Now the machine is asking for black toner but not recognizing the new cartridge. Neither original KonicaMinolta nor aftermarket nor reset chips are being recognized. I have only 4 of these crappy machines of this type in the field (for which I thank my creator every day on my bare knees) and therefore limited experience.

Do you guys have any suggestions how to overcome this situation without resetting the machine or otherwise losing those critically important stored faxes?

Hans

EarthKmTech
11-01-2014, 05:26 PM
check the chip contact pins for damage that swing down on top of the toner cartridge as it slides in. If they are good and definitely making contact fine (and no other iu/tc are shorting as it will block communication for all) replacement of the pcrb would be next. Make absolutely certain the toner is going the whole way in as no contact will be made if not.

Hansoon
11-03-2014, 05:25 AM
Thanks, forgot to mention that I have checked those pins of all toner and also image units to begin with. I don't mind so much to scrap that machine and replace it with a real one if necessary but I am very much worried about the customers incoming faxes still sitting in the machine waiting to be printed out.

Hans

allan
11-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Would it be to late to switch on fax forwarding?

avecosat
11-04-2014, 06:03 PM
I had the same problem , change the IU K , and then started to recognize the k toner .

Gift
11-05-2014, 07:43 AM
There's this lever from the IU locking the toner and moving the shutter. Once handled not properly the shutter might not move with the lever so there's no passage for the toner to enter the IU. Another possible thing is that some customers confuses toner and IU error displays and replace toner once the machne display an iu lifestop.

Custom Search