PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous LK 101v3 issue

Custom Search

emujo
11-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Went to install a LK (Web Browser) on a 554e, LMS server stopped me with a message "this function is already enabled on this device". From what I can determine from the LMS support group, another tech registered this serial number about 6 months ago (obviously a type-o since this MFP wasn't in place then), and just left it that way. Now I'm stuck in a vicious circle, I can't install the license, and I can't remove the license because it was never installed. We have tried initializing and deactivation codes, but no help. Anybody run into this issue and resolved it? Emujo

emujo
11-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Solved...if anyone else runs into this, the fix is to grab the token associated with the registered serial number, and just continue the process by entering this token through the control panel, or PSWC, but you must activate it by choosing "token entry", not the normal function code and 20 character entry. As long as the MFP has an internet connection, it will be able to contact the LMS server and grab the license file generated by the token (the same number sequence we normally see generated by doing it manually through LMS). I hadn't used this function yet and was still doing it the old fashioned way. So the original tech that fat fingered the serial number is out of luck as I have activated his/her license on my MFP. Emujo

Custom Search