PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-2804 Bizhub 500

Custom Search

Astermarc
11-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Hy! I have some strange code on Bizhub 500: C-2804. Before this code I noticed that the copier not asked to replace the toner bottle. It's print and copy but after a few hundred pages, this code returns. If I turn off and that turn on, the copier work but for another few hundred pages.
Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

fixthecopier
11-22-2014, 01:37 PM
The code is a dirt correction check failure. When it fails 10 times, it codes.

To get help, you should post more information.

Is the machine new or does it have 10,000,000 copies on it?

Did you just change the developer, or was it changed 1,000,000 copies ago.

If you are just a user, this repair will need a tech.

Astermarc
11-23-2014, 08:30 AM
The copier has 880 000 copies and still now it works great. Both parts (drum and developer) have 185 000 copies. Still now it have periodic cleaning.

fixthecopier
11-23-2014, 12:30 PM
My fist post was off. The problem with that code is toner density. It can be caused by the tcr sensor being bad, or the toner remaining sensor being bad. Are you using O.E.M. developer? Try replacing the sensors first. If that does not work, I would change the developer.

pepper38_cnd
11-23-2014, 01:41 PM
The most common cause of this is a clogged toner auger. The proper way to fix this is to remove the toner hopper assembly clean or replace it. Note this is not a job for an inexperienced tech!

Now the lazey ass way of repairing this is to remove the exit tray and the inner cover (the one over the laser unit), go into service mode and do a manual toner add, when you hear the solenoid click and the motor start pulsing reach in and turn the add toner gear by hand, continue this a couple of times until the mechanism turns on it's own.

If the auger didn't snap off when you turned the gear by hand then your problem is fixed! If you continue to get the code and the mechanism is now turning then see the proper fix above.

fixthecopier
11-23-2014, 02:49 PM
And if you go in to repair the auger, the correct way, don't forget to clean the sensors that detect bottle set and rotation, as this is the number 1 reason I have to go that deep in this model.

Astermarc
11-24-2014, 06:21 AM
Because so far I have not worked with such machine - Bizhub 500, every idea is a good start. Thank a lot, I'll be back to tell you that I solved.

allan
11-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Yea the users force the toner bottle in and the hole where the toner drop out does not line up in the hopper. C2403 should pop up if that happens. Have to strip clean and reassemble. You Scare your customer a bit if you strip the machine down to get the machine running.

EarthKmTech
11-24-2014, 08:59 AM
I once had a 500 throwing the abnormally low tcr level code in a very low volume environment - I think that was the problem.

I could automatically add toner without issue and run solid A3 black pages all day long without issue, but with the customers use it would always end up going light then throwing the code, once a month. It was no longer under contract and they didnt want to spend money on it so i just assisted it along when there on other calls.

If the TCR level got so low it could not recover at all I would simply crack open the dev unit and pour in a cup full of toner and agitate by hand. Ran the tcr adjustment and away it went for another month.

Talk about dodgy, but it kept them happy and because of that the machine that replaced it was purchased from us too.

antone
11-27-2014, 02:16 AM
Toner cartridges senor clean with air..tough to replace

Custom Search