PDA

View Full Version : C-E002 repeatedly on C550

Custom Search

copierwhisper
12-08-2014, 02:52 PM
I replaced 2 HDD on this C550
in the past five days, reformatted the 2nd one when it failed 2 days after installation and within the hour it coded with a C-E002 again. Any suggestions on why the machines
HDD are failing?

emujo
12-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Considering the Ce002 error is a MFP board failure code, you may be replacing the incorrect item. EMujo

habik
12-09-2014, 10:21 AM
C-E002 usually happens after you flash with FW. Try to flash it again even with the same one if it is the latest, and then in Service Mode do version-up for HDD.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
12-09-2014, 11:14 AM
I once had a C353 (same era) machine throw this code once a month and the hard drive had to be reformatted to get it going again.

It was such a regular occurrence I setup Ldap on the machine and simply copied all the email addressed back to it each time this way.

It was running the last available firmware, new hard drives made no difference either.

In the end initialising the machine corrected the issue and it never came back again and is still there 2 years later.

By the way, the remaining 2.5" ide drives in km inventory were all junk and failed in my experience. Get the mod bracket and SATA translater board and use a brand new current stock SATA drive. (if they are actually failing)

Custom Search