PDA

View Full Version : Develop Ineo 224

Custom Search

vamoursly
12-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Hello

I normally lurk in the Canon forum.

I have been asked to take a look at an interesting issue with one of the rebranded Konica machines;

Every day, sometimes more than once a day the photocopier will simply stop accepting print jobs, I can still see it on the network / browse to the admin page, but if you send a print to it nothing happens, you have to physically restart the box. Then it will start printing again;

Its only been in situe about a month, my first thought was to update the firmware, then reseat the memory

Has anyone seen this type of behaviour before?

Thanks

Vamoursly

blackcat4866
12-11-2014, 11:06 PM
You're on the right track. Are you sure that it's the absolutely most recent firmware? They come out with firmware about three times a week.

I got really good advice from another dealer this morning. He recommended that you read all the readme files for all the Special Firmwares. Buried in there, you may find a fix, but it's the only place you'll find the details in print. And usually there are numerous Special Firmware versions to read about.

Additionally I would print off the Management List to see if any errors are recorded that may help you diagnose the problem. =^..^=

vamoursly
12-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Hello

I have updated the firmware, but it seems every 2 hours or so the copier stops accepting jobs.

Should I now be looking at power saving modes / possible faulty memory modules?

Thanks

V

copier tech
12-22-2014, 10:26 PM
After updating to the latest firmware did you also set the function version? Currently function version 7 is the latest.

allan
12-22-2014, 10:32 PM
How many users prints to this machine. is there anything in the que when it stops printing?

vamoursly
12-23-2014, 08:25 AM
Hello, Merry Christmas to you all.

No it does not accept anything into the queue, really strange issue.

V

allan
12-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Switch the machine from auto to 100mbps duplex see if that helps. otherwise it is wireshark time.

MDR24
12-23-2014, 01:38 PM
While the issue is happening have you tried doing a continuous ping and unpluging it to see if you still get a reply?

Could it be something as simple as another device on the same IP address?

Good Luck and Merry Christmas

Saghir377
12-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Hi hope you enjoy this problem reset is best hope fully this problem will gone but take care after resetting don't start machine on same configuration some change the IP address update firmware at last.

copier tech
12-23-2014, 10:49 PM
After updating to the latest firmware did you also set the function version? Currently function version 7 is the latest.

vamoursly
12-31-2014, 07:00 PM
An update, I updated the firmware to the latest and the SSD to 6.05m

I also adjust the power save options, so far do good.

V

Custom Search