PDA

View Full Version : E series web browser - stop zoom

Custom Search

wseyller
12-18-2014, 11:38 PM
The web browser has these gestures that can be performed on the touchscreen to zoom in and out on a webpage.

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to disable that and keep it at the default fixed size.

In my case Papercut Embedded interface is being used and some people accidentally trigger the zoom in and causes confusion.

I did not find anything in the admin settings of the web browser application. There is definitely nothing papercut can do to control this. Maybe a softswitch or something surely should be possible.

habik
12-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Address this to KM.jp
They may make a special patch just for you :)
Worth a shot I think.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

wseyller
12-19-2014, 01:28 AM
Address this to KM.jp
They may make a special patch just for you :)
Worth a shot I think.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

yeah i think they are my only hope. I just have to make sure I don't mention papercut because every time even if the issue is related to the copier and not papercut they will try to say they don't support papercut and will try to back out of any support. I once had an issue with an i-option and getting the right firmware installed and because I told them I was using it with papercut they ended the support.

And to me it's not that big of a deal but when you got a hundred users with 4 of these copiers on papercut people start freaking out. Most of our clients with papercut don't see this issue that much. But this onc particular customer has lots of accounts they have to choose from when logging into the copier. And because the list is so big they have to scroll down to more choices and could potentially trigger this zoom in effect in the process.

Custom Search