PDA

View Full Version : AFR-13 problems

Custom Search

Frostwolf
05-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Ok, We have had several EP5000/4000 with AFR 13's that just stop with a loud clunk. Anyone have an idea what it might be? we replaced one way on feed or registration shaft (can't remember), swap the stepper motor with another one and it still does it. And we have another that just stops and says copying on the panel but has locekd up.

Anyone have any suggestions. I've not worked on the current one, two other techs are on it.

cobiray
05-02-2008, 01:46 AM
Clean the black felt patches on either end of the feeder. One is on the exit door the other is on the under side release lever by the timing roller. If they are too grayed then replace them or go over them with a Sharpie. If it still happens the A-board in the doc feeder is failed. Hope this helps.

Speedy
05-02-2008, 02:42 AM
This feeder is also bad about the PWB-A and or the EPROM or both in this model feeder. Seems the diodes that protect the chips from braking current weren't big enough and would damage or smoke the chips.

cobiray
05-02-2008, 11:29 PM
This feeder is also bad about the PWB-A and or the EPROM or both in this model feeder. Seems the diodes that protect the chips from braking current weren't big enough and would damage or smoke the chips.

If I recall, this was solved with the "updated" feeder board. My memory says the new style has a 1A fuse and the old style has 100mA fuse on the lower left corner. But, I've still had the new style boards fail all the same.

Frostwolf
05-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Ok, I'll pass that on to the guys, and well check the fuse ratings on some of them.

Custom Search