PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C224e J3003

Custom Search

JSC
12-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Hi.

I have a little swine of a machine throwing J3003 exit timing jam. It will work for quite a while, then will constantly jam with J3003.

I have updated the firmware and function version (7). Striped cleaned then replaced the paper exit clutch in the fuser drive assy. replaced the fuser and exit section compete. Swapped the reg unit assay with another machine. All sensors check out, but by swapping out the complete units I have eliminated them anyway.

Going back tomorrow with a Fsr drive motor and transfer motor, I’m now clutching at straws......................

All suggestions welcome.

Merry bloody Christmas.

habik
12-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Check if transfer belt isn't stiffing up. Check the waste auger on the belt. The waste chute to waste box as well!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

JSC
12-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Check if transfer belt isn't stiffing up. Check the waste auger on the belt. The waste chute to waste box as well!

Thanks habik. Done that and changed the belt as well..

copier addict
12-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Check the bushings in the registration assembly. They gum up and can slow things down. It is a bit of a pain to remove the assembly. It took about 1 1/2 hrs to remove, clean and re-install it for me.
Hope this helps

habik
12-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Check the bushings in the registration assembly. They gum up and can slow things down. It is a bit of a pain to remove the assembly. It took about 1 1/2 hrs to remove, clean and re-install it for me.
Hope this helps

Wow we getting this issue on C203 series .. Never on the 224e series .. They are too young for that, or does your machine do a lot of clicks?

I wonder if this gum up is caused by a certain paper.

JSC
12-22-2014, 08:32 PM
Hope this helps

I have swapped the reg unit assy completely from a showroom machine.

allan
12-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Check is that door is ok, sounds like somthing could be warped or bent. Press agains it when operating.
Only M1 conectors and Boards remain!

JSC
12-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Check is that door is ok, sounds like somthing could be warped or bent. Press agains it when operating.

Hum, haven't thought of that. I will check on that tomorrow.

thanks for that allan.

allan
12-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Looks like a S@$% job to remove CL8 from the fuser drive.

copier addict
12-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Wow we getting this issue on C203 series .. Never on the 224e series .. They are too young for that, or does your machine do a lot of clicks?

I just had one last week with only 180000 on it with the bushings all gummed up. That's why I mentioned it.

JSC
12-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Looks like a S@$% job to remove CL8 from the fuser drive.

its not quite as bad as it looks. I've done it twice now, once to strip and clean it, it was covered in fsr grease so when the call came back in I replaced it. It takes about an hour to strip and rebuild.

JSC
12-22-2014, 09:07 PM
I just had one last week with only 180000 on it with the bushings all gummed up. That's why I mentioned it.

This one has only done 40k.

JSC
12-24-2014, 07:49 AM
​fitted M1 yesterday, no bounce back yet.......

allan
12-24-2014, 08:59 AM
Hope all is well

blackcat4866
12-24-2014, 04:24 PM
I don't know if it will be any help ... but I had a bizhub 654e the other day that was giving J20-03 and J30-03 jams that would not clear. I found the registration switch PS38 sticking. If you bang the door it sometimes pops back until you try to pass another piece of paper. I must have disassembled the registration section 30 times before it stopped sticking. I honestly have no idea what was sticking or what I changed to make it work. The reg switch is underneath a paper dust collector.

And I'm a glutton for punishment. The flag was worn and the torsion spring deformed, so I've ordered new parts. Hopefully I can do a repeat performance. =^..^=

JSC
12-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Bugger. It's bounced back in today.......

allan
12-29-2014, 05:44 PM
ouch

EarthKmTech
12-30-2014, 12:39 PM

4 series do this all the time - after 500k they start binding, i carry 4 bushings and both roller shafts in the car (and the clutch for 224-364)

repoocynot
01-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Have you tried formating hard drive in admin mode ?
I seem to get this problem often after updating firmware,usually formating the hard drive through admin mode does the trick.
Also have tried all web browsers & Firefox seems to be the best in my opinion,all others give various results when trying to display page correctly.

hotfuser
01-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Bugger. It's bounced back in today.......

Sorry JSC but did you say you changed the reg section?

i have been changing the actuator (part no.A161701703) below the sync roller for this exact code.
also check the fuser speed as this also relates to that code.

printerguy77
04-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Hi All.

did this get resolved and if so what was the solution.

i have a same issue on a 454e but only seemed to start after i replaced the Developer unit.

had to replace as my boss thought it would be a good idea to use Katun toner.

let me know the resolve if any. i have checked reg bushings and transfer belt seems fine. Door lugs are intact.

also only seems to jam from tray 2,3 and 4. tray 1 is fine. and even stranger when i change paper to A4r it also works fine

any help appreciated

Colly

JR2ALTA
04-19-2016, 02:17 AM
How did you determine the reg bushing are ok? Not to be mean, but this happened to me and it was only 1 of the 4 bushings that was gummed up. You should really remove it and inspect closely

-ph-
06-28-2016, 08:08 PM
Had the same problem today with a c244e, first checked the exit unit, registration and door.
also got the fuser drive out of the machine to check CL8 (looked fine, but cleaned it anyway) and it's connection.
Got a call this afternoon that the problem is still there
The machine is barely a month old and did run about 4K

Working on these machines since they got out, first time to get out the fuser drive...
Not convinced that replacing CL8 will fix the problem
anybody any succes with lowering the fuser temp?

JSC
06-28-2016, 08:52 PM
what a dick I am, I can't believe I forgot to post my fix..... As it turned out I was unlucky enough to have fitted a faulty new fsr drive moter, fitted a 2nd new fsr moter and the fault has never come back.

so far I've seen this jam code a few times now and the majority of the times its gummed up reg bushings or over greased clutch

again my apologies for being a dick...

-ph-
06-28-2016, 09:08 PM
You used to be a total dick, now you're just a bit of a dick. Welcome to dickclub! 😉

thanks for the quick reply, i'll try the fuser motor first

-ph-
07-02-2016, 09:38 AM
OK, it wasn't the fuser motor but the exit sensor (PS3). When I got back the machine was constantly jamming in exit section, so it was pretty easy to detect the problem. Thanks for the support anyway.

CraigW
08-26-2016, 06:38 PM
For those that have had CL8 fail my boss managed to swap out the clutch without the major procedure.

You can remove the 2 white gears if you twist the 2 sided one around to the V groove, it will come past the frame. You have to move some stuff in back to access clip and bushing and the pull single white gear and shaft out the front releasing clutch 8. Old clutch out & new back in, and reverse.

We have just had our 2nd one fail on low count machines.

Thanks for all the info folks !!!

GUNit
12-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Just had this yesterday so thought i would put it out there. Jamming intermittently at reg and sometimes skewing and varying registration. went through the usual but what i found was if you take out the reg section and feed paper through the reg rollers the lead edge catches a mylar at the top of the reg section. on closer inspection the mylar was worse on the edges which is why A4r was feeding ok. the mylar wasnt nicking the paper but just stalling it enough to cause a problem. trimmed off the whole mylar and problem gone. just one to watch for so any problems in that area i would start there.

Custom Search