PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C552 wear in center of transfer belt

Custom Search

JoeBloe
01-02-2015, 09:56 PM
I am seeing wear down the center of the transfer belt on some 552's and C552's. What besides the belt needs to be replaced to keep the wear from reappearing on the belts?

allan
01-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Photo of the transfere belt would help alot. Normaly if the IU's are very bad it would wear on the side. Remove the transfere belt and look into the cavity for any debris. Did you swop the transfere roller aswell?

copier tech
01-04-2015, 11:55 AM
There is a small separation claw on the fuser end of the belt, this can get a toner build up & score or mark the belt.

Phrag
01-05-2015, 06:07 AM
I've noticed that in the centre about 1" wide will be a nice worn strip right around the belt. Every aging belt has it. Never an issue with copy quality though.

JoeBloe
01-05-2015, 02:03 PM
I will check that out. Thank you very much!

allan
01-05-2015, 05:48 PM
sorry did not understand that correctly. You need to replace the transfere roller and the belt together. Copier Tech is right about the pawl that can damage the belt badly and you will see the impression on the prints.

JoeBloe
01-05-2015, 06:28 PM
The following is a picture of the wear pattern on the transfer belt.

copier tech
01-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Whats the life of this belt, how many prints has it done?

JoeBloe
01-05-2015, 07:59 PM
The transfer belt unit page count is 288,134

copier tech
01-05-2015, 08:54 PM
That count is quite low, the tranfer units on this model should last over 500k
check theres no paper trapped in the cleaning unit, bit late now if there is but thats probally the cause of the wear mark.

allan
01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
I have machines that is on 700K with no problems. Could come from cleaning unit?

JoeBloe
03-25-2015, 08:45 PM
It turns out it is actually build up from carbonless paper being run on the machine. Are there any settings that will increase the the cleaning on the machine to help with this build up? It also appears on the the secondary transfer roller.

Synaux
03-25-2015, 09:14 PM
It turns out it is actually build up from carbonless paper being run on the machine. Are there any settings that will increase the the cleaning on the machine to help with this build up? It also appears on the the secondary transfer roller.

Never had a problem running carbonless when setting it to colored paper (well on c650/550s).
What paper are they using??

You can clean that scum off with alcohol and a rag, just take your time (I also carefully use my fingernails with the belt wet with alcohol to get clumps off). Make sure to get all the alcohol residue off or you will get quality issues--especially noticeable on solids--print a few halftone test pages--enough to test the entire length of the belt--to make sure there is no residue.

I believe there is a self-cleaning settings in Service Mode for the transfer belt, but it is on by default.

Increasing voltages might help it run cleaner??

JoeBloe
03-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Yes, I have been doing a manual cleaning of the belt off the machine. I'm getting a buildup of the carbonless coating on the secondary transfer roller and the belt primarily in the center about an inch across. I think is from the feed rollers in the tray.

So, is there a setting that will increase the amount of physical cleaning that the belt does to try to remove this coating?

allan
03-25-2015, 10:34 PM
Running it thru the bypass could help. The feed tyre runs on the back side instead of the front side of the paper. It could be caused by the separation roller running on the microcapsules.

Even a side mounted LCT could solve a volume problem if the bypass does not crush the microcapsules.

JoeBloe
03-26-2015, 02:20 PM
The LCT uses the same pickup rollers as the trays, so I don't think that it will help. Is there any kind of after market large capacity feeder the uses the bypass tray?

Synaux
03-29-2015, 05:27 PM
The LCT uses the same pickup rollers as the trays, so I don't think that it will help. Is there any kind of after market large capacity feeder the uses the bypass tray?

I would thoroughly read responses before arguing with people here ;)

Allen is not talking about the rollers, but the fact that the bypass runs the paper upside down from trays 1-4, so the NCR coating may not be transferred as quickly that way.

This brings up an interesting point about the rollers--you can try the c654 new ribbed rollers that should also work with the c650/c652 series. I bought some for the c650 I work on, but have not tried them yet: A5C1562200 (http://www.precisionroller.com/a5c1-5622-00-for-konica-minolta/details_pn_79697.html)

You never responded to what paper is being used, 20# EXceOne Carbonless?

copier tech
03-29-2015, 05:59 PM
I've been using the new ribbed pick up rollers on the C552 & C280 with good results

JoeBloe
03-30-2015, 02:04 PM
I would thoroughly read responses before arguing with people here ;)

Allen is not talking about the rollers, but the fact that the bypass runs the paper upside down from trays 1-4, so the NCR coating may not be transferred as quickly that way.

This brings up an interesting point about the rollers--you can try the c654 new ribbed rollers that should also work with the c650/c652 series. I bought some for the c650 I work on, but have not tried them yet: A5C1562200 (http://www.precisionroller.com/a5c1-5622-00-for-konica-minolta/details_pn_79697.html)

You never responded to what paper is being used, 20# EXceOne Carbonless?

I wasn't arguing, just stating that it appears to be the same style pickup rollers, and pulling the paper in the same orientation (side up) as the trays. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

I will try the ribbed rollers to see if that helps.

And I have tried various brands of carbonless paper with similar results.

Albonline
03-30-2015, 02:28 PM
I wasn't arguing, just stating that it appears to be the same style pickup rollers, and pulling the paper in the same orientation (side up) as the trays. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

I will try the ribbed rollers to see if that helps.

And I have tried various brands of carbonless paper with similar results.

the bypass tray and lct place friction on the back side of the sheet being fed. however the double feed prevention system puts friction on both sides of sheet no matter what feed is used.

Custom Search