PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 754e

Custom Search

Martin Joseph
01-28-2015, 12:10 AM
I am a konica minolta 4 Series trained tech. I have looked through the manual and could not find anything that will help me with this situation. The theory of operation section was a little disappointing. Has anyone come across a jamming situation where the horizontal transport for the finisher (FS-534) has no drive. Sense the RU unit gets it's power from the finisher, I'm wondering if the FSCB might not be bad. I am going to be checking a few voltages, then I will be calling Konica Minolta tech support if necessary. I was just hoping for a little insight before doing so, If anyone has experienced this. Thank you all.

wseyller
01-28-2015, 03:20 AM
Does it work without jam if the finisher and horizontal section removed. I think the horizontal section won't drive if the main body exit sensor doesn't work.

What jam codes do you get?

Also make sure the connections to the main body are good and no bent pins. I've even had the drive work but in reverse rotation because of bent pins.

Is this a new install or has the copier been in place for a while? Has it been moved?

allan
01-28-2015, 06:25 AM
Does it detect the finisher at all? if the finisher is not detected the machine would jam a couple of pages into the horizontal transport.

Martin Joseph
01-28-2015, 03:52 PM
No jam code at all. Many sheets will jam in the horizontal transport when running multiple copies. The machine is been placed for some time and has not been moved. No bent pins. Copier is operational if I remove the horizontal transport and unplug the finisher. I will have to check to see if the finisher is being recognized.
Thank you.

iceman490
01-29-2015, 01:42 PM
i'm not a 100 percent sure if it is the same but the bigger finishers, the horizontal transports have an issue where this issue happens in which case it is the board that sits in the horizontal transport. might be the same thing

Martin Joseph
01-29-2015, 08:28 PM
There is no board in the FS 534 transport bridge unit. Konica Minolta tech support had me replace the finisher board, and I checked continuity in the harness from the finisher to the MFP. No change, MFP still not recognizing the finisher. I'm ordering the MFP board now per konicaminolta tech support. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

wseyller
01-30-2015, 02:21 AM
Was firmware updated after the finisher board was replaced. I had one that I replace on different model that threw up all kinds of problems until the firmware level was updated.

Im sure tech support made sure you did right?

It would be nice to have another copier in your back pocket to connect the finisher to for troubleshooting via elimination.

Good luck with this.

SmellsHot
01-30-2015, 01:00 PM
I would check your wiring of the finisher itself where it plugs into the engine. Seems to me like it doesn't even know it's there.....
Does the finisher run through any checks on power up? Have you tested the state confirmation loads in service?

ACC81358
02-06-2016, 02:44 AM
Hey guys,I have had a few of these same issues with these transport units jamming with no jam codes,found that the two plastic clips that hold the access door closed are not holding,had to take transport unit out of machine,turn it upside down,remove the plastic latches and heat them up and close the gap a little so that the access door does not pop open while the machine is running.Hope this helps.

Custom Search