PDA

View Full Version : BH-423, mono, with FS-527 finisher.

Custom Search

Hansoon
01-28-2015, 03:26 PM
BH-423, mono, with FS-527 finisher.

Very occasionally finisher gives in display the message "Remove Prints" or WTTE, although there are only a few prints in the lower elevator tray. At the same time the lower tray has moved completely downwards and will not move up even when those few prints are removed. Machine locks up more or less in this situation and can only be unlocked by pulling the power cord. That's at least what the customer says. This happened until now only with printing but that may be coincidental. Machine will work than for another few weeks until the situation comes back again.

Until now there was no opportunity for me to be at the machine when this happens but I have checked the tray2 upper position switch and sensor and they "look normal".

Any ideas please?

Hans

Albonline
01-28-2015, 05:32 PM
this sounds like firmware.

allan
01-28-2015, 08:00 PM
The sensor does stick i had this twice already and caught it in action once. All of the actuators are on the same shaft and the slightest amount of dust makes it sticky i used oil based contact (mrmenick yellow) cleaner with that little pipe to remove the dust and its months later and the calls did not return... yet. Heard something about a bulletin for that will have a look. Bumping on the machine would get it to work again so i think your customers physical interaction with the machine makes the actuator pop back up again.

CraigW
01-28-2015, 08:19 PM
We had one that was a bent rod, causing the actuator to bind up.

No parts needed.

CompyTech
01-28-2015, 08:52 PM

No parts needed.

I've seen this quite often before. It can be a bear to take apart the finisher to get to that actuator. I would either bend it back in place or replace if bent too much.

WildbillC
01-28-2015, 09:00 PM
There is a bulletin, the new part # is A0HR897300.

allan
01-28-2015, 09:25 PM
There is a bulletin, the new part # is A0HR897300.

Do you have the bulletin detail?

blackcat4866
01-29-2015, 02:31 AM
The sensor does stick i had this twice already and caught it in action once. All of the actuators are on the same shaft and the slightest amount of dust makes it sticky i used oil based contact (mrmenick yellow) cleaner with that little pipe to remove the dust and its months later and the calls did not return... yet. Heard something about a bulletin for that will have a look. Bumping on the machine would get it to work again so i think your customers physical interaction with the machine makes the actuator pop back up again.

No parts needed.

I've seen this quite often before. It can be a bear to take apart the finisher to get to that actuator. I would either bend it back in place or replace if bent too much.

Yes. Yes. And yes.

The flag has only gravity return, so when the shaft becomes bent it shifts the center of gravity. The only way to get a good look at the shaft is to remove the tray side upper cover. Straighten the shaft. Make sure that the plastic actuator end isn't too badly deformed. I can be warmed with a match then re-shaped as necessary.

By the way, I don't recommend starting it on fire. It's much harder to repair after that.

=^..^=

allan
02-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Ok the problem returned and spraying it would not help at all. To save time and not to strip out the entire plate i glued a small plastic tab to the back of the center actuator to limit it from moving back to far. Works like a charm.

Hansoon
08-31-2015, 08:25 AM
Found the reason for it in that finisher. The plastic actuator was deformed by heat having a "pimple" touching the surroundings keeping it from falling back occasionally. Have no idea what the heat source could be, melting the plastic that way. Could a large stack of prints become that hot from residual heat melting the actuator flag? Hard to believe.

Hans

Custom Search