PDA

View Full Version : Jamming J-9301 C6501 machine is killing me...

Custom Search

methogod
01-29-2015, 11:05 AM
just replaced roller 2/ and 3 in duplex, and roller 4 as well as all the rollers in the turn over section.

machine had 3.65 mil but is well taken care of...

Can clutches cause this? they all feel ok,

running not super heavy 80# accent digital (its a undercoated sheet, not super smooth, but its way under 256 gsm, my other C6501 runs it all day.

it will run 25-50 sheets, maybe more... testing right now.

we have swapped motors in the duplex to see if codes moves in the duplex, same goes for sensors.... nothing changes....

also while testing the motors a while back, we screwed through a 12v wire and blew out the ADU board. So that was replaced just by happenstance...

stumped...

any one with a real solutions ill buy dinner, or beer - your choice.....

Synaux
01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
just replaced roller 2/ and 3 in duplex, and roller 4 as well as all the rollers in the turn over section.

machine had 3.65 mil but is well taken care of...

Can clutches cause this? they all feel ok,

running not super heavy 80# accent digital (its a undercoated sheet, not super smooth, but its way under 256 gsm, my other C6501 runs it all day.

it will run 25-50 sheets, maybe more... testing right now.

we have swapped motors in the duplex to see if codes moves in the duplex, same goes for sensors.... nothing changes....

also while testing the motors a while back, we screwed through a 12v wire and blew out the ADU board. So that was replaced just by happenstance...

stumped...

any one with a real solutions ill buy dinner, or beer - your choice.....

I did a search for 9301 (its a common duplexing code for other series too) to see if one manual would have some additional info. Alas they were all pretty much the same.
Does it matter what tray you are feeding? What about other paper types?
I found this though:

Solution ID 16 Solution Usage TAUS0800673EN*
Description
J-9301 when duplexing.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Poor conveyance of paper.
A Guide Sheet (p/n A03U 8159 00)is available to facilitate conveyance of paper.

2. Failure of Reverse motor (M32) orLoop motor (M57).
Swap motors to decide which motor is failing. Replace the failed motor (p/n 65AA 8011 2).

3. Failed Memory Control Board assembly (IMCB).
Replace the IMCB (p/n A03U H040 13).
Note :Normal parts replacement, an ADU rebuild and reflashing the firmware did not resolve the issue.

Replaced parts:ACDB, CVDB, DCPS1, DCPS2, M32, M54, M55, M57, OACB, PRCB, PS20, PS21, PS60, PS actuators and all clutches in the ADU.

Synaux
01-29-2015, 06:15 PM
The search didn't finish....then froze...
There was something about a sensor flag that might be worn--if it is sharp replace it (on some other model I cannot recall).
The 7272 manual says to reseat connections to the PWB (I know it might not be relevant)

seniortech
01-29-2015, 08:15 PM
I had to look at a problem C6501 with this code for a colleague a year or so ago. If I could not fix it the machine was going to be service exchanged and go back to the workshop. Like you he replaced all relevant parts: clutches ADU conveyance board; sensors and rollers etc in an attempt to cure the problem. he even tried a brand new ADU and still the problem persisted. All relevant control boards in the machine were then replaced. what I noticed was that the machine never ever jammed when running internal engine test prints (for instance TP16 double sided) you could run 100's of prints from the engine with no problems. This particular customer only does variable data printing and the machine jammed generating code j9301 exactly every 48 double sided prints (96 images). As difficult as it was to believe; it turned out to be a postscript error within the customer file. It took a while but we got there in the end.

Best of luck

methogod
01-30-2015, 04:33 AM
that's an odd one, but i can see that happening with large files. Its not jamming on all stocks only heavy 80# Cover plus, used to able to run upto 100# endurance gloss cover without issue. Now a non gloss 80# cover seems to jam.

We have replaced 5 of the 8 conveyance rollers in the duplex and leading in and out of the duplex over the 3 months, 2 last night and de-ink'd the rest by removing the registration unit *cleaned that as well*.

Machine ran better today, 1 jam (J-9301) today in around 500 sheets...

thanks,

KM1Amsterdam
02-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Under the fusers exit, there are 2 grey rollers and sensor flag, mounted in a black plastic plate.

Check the sensor flag, if it;s nice round tip has been worn flat, replace it. Causes timing problems.

methogod
02-10-2015, 12:12 AM
funny you mentioned that, because when we replaced a few of those roller i saw it didn't look even.

what do you think...

KM1Amsterdam
02-10-2015, 10:03 PM
I have seen them cause trouble with duplex timing, so replace it. On 7000, nowadays i replace them with every new smart kit, installed.

And also check the coupler on the back, right side of the ADU. It drives the duplex clutches. It drives a shaft, right underneat the bypass rollers.

It sometimes has to much free play.

Custom Search