PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C654e/c654 J10-02

Custom Search

tech51
02-04-2015, 06:31 PM
I have a problem with j10-02 from the bypass tray on a few of these machines.
One in particular will feed everything except A3.
I have swapped the bypass tray with a known good one and still the A3 wil jam. Oddly the paper gets up to and sometimes through the registration roller before the code appears, sometimes it will do 10 or 15 before it jams, sometimes it's the first sheet. The machine is only 1 month old and has had this problem from new.
Anyone had this before ?

SmellsHot
02-04-2015, 07:30 PM
I have one customer in particular who runs the majority of her stuff through the bypass. I replaced the bypass assy-no change, Tray 1 assy(has one of the sensors)-no change. There's new firmware to help with bypass timing-didn't work. Seeing as I replaced everything in the paper path.....I then tried a Paper feed drive board. That was about a month ago and I haven't had any jams since than. Otherwise it was 10-20 jams daily, but at random...
I'd give the PFDB a shot....worked for me....

tech51
02-04-2015, 07:47 PM
I have one customer in particular who runs the majority of her stuff through the bypass. I replaced the bypass assy-no change, Tray 1 assy(has one of the sensors)-no change. There's new firmware to help with bypass timing-didn't work. Seeing as I replaced everything in the paper path.....I then tried a Paper feed drive board. That was about a month ago and I haven't had any jams since than. Otherwise it was 10-20 jams daily, but at random...
I'd give the PFDB a shot....worked for me....
I'm glad you replied my friend! I ordered today exactly those parts today ( must be thinking along the same lines). When I go back to it I will change the board first. Sounds like I may save some time. Thanks.

Custom Search