PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7022 Help

Custom Search

Oswald343
02-14-2015, 04:09 PM
I recently purchased a Konica 7022 for home use. The copier works great, other than the copies are not as clear as they should be. I am new to the copier world. Is there something I should clean, or replace to get nice crisp copies? Thanks in advance!!

wseyller
02-14-2015, 05:45 PM
First thing you need to determine if it happens when making copies or when printing only.

Oswald343
02-14-2015, 08:23 PM
So far just making copies. I do not have it currently hooked up to a computer.

wseyller
02-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Can you print some internal report or test page built into the copier. I'm not familiar with this model very much. I worked on one once or twice. If it only happens with copies then it is probably the optics in the scanner. You then would make sure all the glass and mirrors are cleaned good.

Oswald343
02-14-2015, 10:26 PM
I printed a report, and it had some of the same "marks" on the paper, but not all. It printed pretty clear. When I use it to copy it just shows a lot of little black specks, and a little blurry towards the bottom of the page. Not bad, but just not crisp.

You mentioned clean the mirrors, how would I get to them?

Thanks!!

rapidocument
02-14-2015, 11:51 PM
If you're not a tech I' wouldnt suggest you to touch anything, you could damage something from the machine, better thing to do
is to call a service shop in your area, they will determine what to do and what parts to change, these machines won't fix with just cleaning the glass.

For instance, being an old machine is very likely that developer is unusable by now, same story for the drum, both expensive items that should be replaced by qualified personnel with proper tools and training.

rbazan
11-07-2015, 03:11 AM
Before you do anything drastic. There is a green round knob when you open the front cover- pulling this knob out and reinserting it cleans the main corona you may have to do this a few times. I think there is another knob also that you do the same thing with to clean the lens. Go on line and download the User Manual- it wouldn't hurt to have the service manual on hand for you or to help another technician help you fix the copier.

Hope that helps.

tech28
11-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Whats the PM count? There is little button under on/off on control panel, screen will pop up and hit print, you will see drum/developer/fuser counts. When it was PM'ed. Sounds like that's what you need.

Custom Search