PDA

View Full Version : Pdf conversion failed CWS

Custom Search

billy39
02-18-2015, 02:18 AM
Hi guys, seems to come across a problem that I am unable to figure out myself.

Printing pdf files from CWS issue. Getting the following error http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/17/769dfcfb6caffc37086474840a99605d.jpg

If I export the pdf as jpg and then create pdf from it works.

Any help is much appreciated

BH C500PRO
MAC OS X
CWS 5.4

habik
02-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Hi guys, seems to come across a problem that I am unable to figure out myself.

Printing pdf files from CWS issue. Getting the following error http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/17/769dfcfb6caffc37086474840a99605d.jpg

If I export the pdf as jpg and then create pdf from it works.

Any help is much appreciated

BH C500PRO
MAC OS X
CWS 5.4

Is this happening for Every PDF or just for one file?

Are the layers flattened within the pdf it self?
Are there any pictures on that pdf? If so what format they were put in the artwork as?

Have you tried disabling the postscript in adobe print dialog under advanced "print as image" box to be ticked. (to see if postscript is the issue)

How about driver version and fiery firmware and software version are they all up to date?

billy39
02-18-2015, 02:00 PM
It's happening to all pdf files. Artwork usually created in Adobe illustrator cs5.5, imposed in indesign cs5.5

Currently I am exporting the pdf as jpg and printing. This method is not ideal as more work and quality is not crisp sharp for text

How do I disable postscript & print as image? Is this done in CWS?

Drivers are up to date
Fiery x3ty embed controler
Driver X3eTY 35C-KM PS v2.0

habik
02-18-2015, 05:43 PM
It's happening to all pdf files. Artwork usually created in Adobe illustrator cs5.5, imposed in indesign cs5.5

Currently I am exporting the pdf as jpg and printing. This method is not ideal as more work and quality is not crisp sharp for text

Drivers are up to date

OK and what version of Fiery X3TY Software is at the moment? (In Fiery Menu> Print Configuration Page)

Here is what I meant if you printing directly from Adobe Reader perhaps:

habik
02-18-2015, 06:03 PM

Drivers are up to date

Other thing that popped in my mind is try and change in the same Advanced dialog the Font and Resource Policy to "Send for Each Page" if it is not grayed out.

billy39
02-18-2015, 08:38 PM
Hi? I am unable to print direct from pdf. I get the message ''printer in use" thou nothing is printing.

I currently import the pdf file to CWS. I will check the fiery version today and get back to you on that,

Custom Search