PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub 3300P (Printer) Cassette Feed Trouble

Custom Search

leoace
02-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Hi guys,

we rescently experience a lot of problems with the Bizhub 3300P Printer in field service. I know that paper pickup system from lexmark (looks familiar to E460), but never had these problems in lexmark service.

First i checked the motor and clutch mechanic, the Paper Pickup itself from cassette works fine, but about 50% of all machines can not pick up paper as soon as the cassette reach a low-fill limit (ca. 50 sheets).

If you refill the cassette, the pickup mechanism seems to work again. I noticed that the Pickup Arm will be released by that small shaft on the left side as soon as the you put the cassette back into the machine. But on low paper, the arm doesn´t even reach the paper anymore, there are about 5mm blank space between pickup roller and paper sheets when the cassette is back in machine. I removed the upper spring from pickup arm as a test - even without the spring mechanism the pickup arm does not reach the paper sheets in the cassette with low paper filling.

As a possible solution, maybe "bigger" feed rollers could be useful, or a replacement of that black round thing on the pickup arm release lever for more pressure on the pickup arm? Atm these machines printing with full cassette load or via bypass, but thats of course not the final solution :/

I´d be thankful for any help

28075 28076

thanks guys

PS: with low paper status, machine just keeps trying to feed paper and shows up the same error msg as if the cassette was empty

mo0651
02-18-2015, 03:03 PM
Clean the feed rollers with 409.... Finding oil on rollers from the factory.

leoace
02-18-2015, 08:49 PM
Clean the feed rollers with 409.... Finding oil on rollers from the factory.

I just quote myself

the arm doesn´t even reach the paper anymore, there are about 5mm blank space between pickup roller and paper sheets when the cassette is back in machine

so i guess, its not a cleaning problem, besides that fact that even machines with only 1500 printes pages got that problem and the pick rollers are dust dry and clean. But thanks anyway

Taminol
02-27-2015, 02:06 PM
Hi guys,

we rescently experience a lot of problems with the Bizhub 3300P Printer in field service. I know that paper pickup system from lexmark (looks familiar to E460), but never had these problems in lexmark service.

First i checked the motor and clutch mechanic, the Paper Pickup itself from cassette works fine, but about 50% of all machines can not pick up paper as soon as the cassette reach a low-fill limit (ca. 50 sheets).

If you refill the cassette, the pickup mechanism seems to work again. I noticed that the Pickup Arm will be released by that small shaft on the left side as soon as the you put the cassette back into the machine. But on low paper, the arm doesn´t even reach the paper anymore, there are about 5mm blank space between pickup roller and paper sheets when the cassette is back in machine. I removed the upper spring from pickup arm as a test - even without the spring mechanism the pickup arm does not reach the paper sheets in the cassette with low paper filling........

KM released28241 a bulletin for this the other day, but it doesn't really fill me with hope though......

leoace
03-15-2015, 07:23 PM
Thank you. I already knew these "solutions". Have replaced the feed roll clutch already, sadly without success.

Another solution here is a different type of pickup roll from a totally different machine. The pick up roll needs to be cut on the edges because its too wide/thick, but ive been told it should work with these "modified" rollers. will leave you all a info as soon as ive tested it !

KM released28241 a bulletin for this the other day, but it doesn't really fill me with hope though......

leoace
04-16-2015, 04:53 PM
*** Update 16.04 //

We now have slightly modified "white" pickup rollers. Additionally some machines seem to work better with a 5 or 10g wight, placed with some glue on top of the pickup arm. Both are no final solutions, but work for the moment

hotfuser
04-16-2015, 06:01 PM
*** Update 16.04 //

We now have slightly modified "white" pickup rollers. Additionally some machines seem to work better with a 5 or 10g wight, placed with some glue on top of the pickup arm. Both are no final solutions, but work for the moment

Did you say that you tried the modified feed roller?

They seem to be working ok

allan
04-16-2015, 08:55 PM
I wonder why the paper tray needs to be changed every 200k? Separation problems?

blackcat4866
04-17-2015, 01:13 AM
*** Update 16.04 //

Pictures, please! =^..^=

wseyller
04-17-2015, 03:09 AM
Thanks for info. Will be on the lookout for this. Is this also an issue with 4000P and 4700P. We have mostly sold 4700P.

allan
04-17-2015, 06:14 AM
Thanks for info. Will be on the lookout for this. Is this also an issue with 4000P and 4700P. We have mostly sold 4700P.

Both those machines (40/47) use lift plates and separation rollers, its a bit different to the 3300P.

leoace
10-06-2015, 08:26 PM
**UPDATE II : we now have green-blue feed rolls as part of misfeed solution. We also noticed that the "clutch kit L/M" clutch/motor causes missfeeds or errors even on almost brand new machines. Have replaced a few clutches arleady after only 1 -3K pages

Custom Search