PDA

View Full Version : C224e Account Track

Custom Search

KEN
02-19-2015, 07:10 AM
Hi I have a customer who has just upgraded from C220 to C224e they were using account track for print and copy
i set up account track exactly as before using same names and passwords but have failed to get the print side to work just
get flashing blue light then no output ???
Am i missing something. any help appriciated

suomi
02-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Driver version??? New driver version is 5.1.3

allan
02-19-2015, 11:47 AM
If you click on verify does that succeed? I always make sure to redo obtain device information to make sure it picks up the device config.

avecosat
02-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Change a new driver ....sure

BHM
02-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Yes, you must be using the correct driver for that model. Also if you go to the configure tab in the driver, the correct model number needs to be selected as well as account track enabled.

Do not rely on the "auto obtain device configuration" to function properly. Sometimes you have to manually select the model and account track settings. Also new 224 series firmware does not play well with older version drivers especially when account track is enabled.

blackcat4866
02-20-2015, 01:05 AM
wseyller explained this to me recently. The short version? When Account Track is ON, the print driver uses a pre-determined encryption phrase based on the model number. If you use the wrong driver and Account Track, the wrong encryption phrase is used, and communication fails. Read for yourself if you like:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/96348-drivers-authentication.html

I hope I got that right. =^..^=

BHM
02-20-2015, 12:50 PM
wseyller explained this to me recently. The short version? When Account Track is ON, the print driver uses a pre-determined encryption phrase based on the model number. If you use the wrong driver and Account Track, the wrong encryption phrase is used, and communication fails. Read for yourself if you like:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/96348-drivers-authentication.html

I hope I got that right. =^..^=

That sounds accurate. The 224, 284 and 364 all use the same driver but if you select the wrong model in the configure tab, account track will not function properly.

Custom Search