PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Need help regarding P-28 intermittent code on a C652

Custom Search

solidzdawg
02-19-2015, 09:30 PM
The call was placed by customer because color didnt look right (red was faded, almost orange)

All of the IU's were past end of life, They have all been replaced.

The transfer belt, and transfer rollers, and the Front and Rear IDC sensors have been replaced.

I have initilalized and ran image stabilization a hundred times, also gradation adjust, etc. When I am able to run gradation adjust, my numbers look very odd, and do not fall within the dark and highlight acceptable range

I either have P-28 codes (which when I do, I cannot stabilize image or gradation adjust) (P-28 is Rear IDC sensor Failure)

OR I have P-21 Codes (Color Registration not right)

I dont really know what is left to replace or do to get these colors printing correctly. My reds just dont look that red on the demo page, The Red halftone in test mode comes out looking burnt orange

I am ordering a printer control board, but has anyone had color issues on this model of machine? I have tried everything and looked through this forum for hours...No dice...

Please help, I will buy someone a few beers via paypal or something

-Zach

allan
02-19-2015, 09:35 PM
I dont think changing the MFPB is going to do any good. Take a snapshot of a magenta halftone i think it is magenta messing up.

solidzdawg
02-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Thank you for the fast response!

Im not changing the MFPB,

The PRCB is what the IDC sensors connect to, and play a role in image production. Im not sure what else to try

The magenta IU is brand new, all OEM parts & toner

CMYK halftones look great

allan
02-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Try to clear the engine data and do initialize and stabilize

solidzdawg
02-19-2015, 10:11 PM
Good idea, I have done that though unfortunately.

Unless clearing engine data is something else, I thought When I initialize and image stabilize it brings everything back to "0"

Can i clear this engine data without losing user boxes, network settings, things like that?

allan
02-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Goto, Initialize under system 1 and check your options.

allan
02-19-2015, 11:40 PM
if you look under state conformation the the 2 IDCS voltages must be more or less the same.

B0265
02-20-2015, 08:23 AM
Have you checked the operation of the IDC sensor shutter?

Custom Search