PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C224e show no "Toner empty" message, she's running until C-2553 occurs

Custom Search

Laserbeam
02-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Hello,

today I had C-2553 on bizhub C224e! The reason was an empty toner bottle (magenta).
Unfortunately there were no "Near to empty"-message or "Emty message" (which normaly stops printing/copying) in the display. The machine runs until the error-message C-2553 occurs and TCR-M level = 0,99%
After replacing the empty magenta-bottle to an new one and performing "Manual Toner supply Magenta", TCR-M level is about 6,5% (normal value).
All other 3 colors show the "Near to empty" or later a "Toner empty" message and the machine stops, except by magenta.
A short time ago, the hopper-unit was replaced because other C-255X messages are displayed.

The funny thing is that the maschine with a new magenta-tonerbottle works normally without an error message C-2553 until the bottle is empty!!! Logically all components (tonerbottle-rotation, toner-supply to the hopper-unit and toner-supply to the developing-unit) are working normally!!! But why does magenta show no "Toner empty" message????

any ideas?

JSC
02-20-2015, 08:02 PM
If the toner hopper is also empty your problem lies there. Check the empty toner hopper sensor assy, I've had them stick and cause c255x codes. If the toner hopper is not empty then you need to start looking at the dev unit.

good luck

John Potter
02-21-2015, 12:06 AM
Hello,

today I had C-2553 on bizhub C224e! The reason was an empty toner bottle (magenta).
Unfortunately there were no "Near to empty"-message or "Emty message" (which normaly stops printing/copying) in the display. The machine runs until the error-message C-2553 occurs and TCR-M level = 0,99%
After replacing the empty magenta-bottle to an new one and performing "Manual Toner supply Magenta", TCR-M level is about 6,5% (normal value).
All other 3 colors show the "Near to empty" or later a "Toner empty" message and the machine stops, except by magenta.
A short time ago, the hopper-unit was replaced because other C-255X messages are displayed.

The funny thing is that the maschine with a new magenta-tonerbottle works normally without an error message C-2553 until the bottle is empty!!! Logically all components (tonerbottle-rotation, toner-supply to the hopper-unit and toner-supply to the developing-unit) are working normally!!! But why does magenta show no "Toner empty" message????

any ideas?

verify that all the connectors to the new hopper are seated properly. do a sensor check and compare the results to one of the other hoppers. you could have bad wiring or even a bad pwb.

Laserbeam
02-21-2015, 08:00 AM
thank you for your quick answers!!!
okay, I'm going next week to apply your tips. I'll keep you up to date and what it was ultimately.

hotfuser
02-23-2015, 11:07 AM
thank you for your quick answers!!!
okay, I'm going next week to apply your tips. I'll keep you up to date and what it was ultimately.

Check the white bushing on the front of the sub toner hopper this leaks toner into the cavity which causes the mechinism within not too turn.
There is a serial number cut in where new bushing were fitted.
I have replaced the hopper assy's then checked the failed ones in the workshop and foound this was the issue.

habik
02-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Environment-Muppet customer who like the very last bit of toner to be used and when machine asks for toner to be replaced, they open the door pull toner out give it a shake and put it back in, sometimes even open and close door is enough for them. Than you get full toner level indicator and happy day or two until the machine comes to halt with ~I hungry m0thaf*$ker - FEED ME : ) error C255X ;)

Issac-brock
02-24-2015, 01:13 AM
Check the white bushing on the front of the sub toner hopper this leaks toner into the cavity which causes the mechinism within not too turn.
There is a serial number cut in where new bushing were fitted.
I have replaced the hopper assy's then checked the failed ones in the workshop and foound this was the issue.

I have seen this recently, black auger bushing leaking internally, looked fine from the outside. Once replaced the motor was able to turn the auger with ease, no more error codes. Same scenario too, machine ran out of toner but indicator was 1/2. After toner replaced, code appeared running more than 10 pages of management list.

Custom Search