PDA

View Full Version : CQ Bizhub C451 intermittant faint prints

Custom Search

aAandy
02-23-2015, 03:40 AM
Hello Everyone

i got a call from a customer, who says that 1 or 2 pages out of every 10 (printed, in black) come out very washed out & grey

thought i'd ask for pointers before i head out there tomorrow

are these machines known to have secondary transfer roller issues? perhaps K IU issues?

any pointers would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

Andy

allan
02-23-2015, 05:16 AM
Do full color prints for a bit, if the colors does not faint out then it could not be secondary transfer. The black IU drum/dev unit on these machines dont sit well. Clean and reseat the developer unit.

Synaux
02-23-2015, 06:14 PM
The Black IUs are notorious for crapping out.
Make sure you got the lock plate mod installed (p/n A00J P331 00) for the K IU (or just wedge a ph cleaning pad between the latch and IU).

Most of the time when I see the K IU going faint especially before reaching EOL it is due to a dev spew (the lock plate fixes this issue most of the time).

aAandy
02-23-2015, 11:04 PM
thanks Allan & Synaux

these may just be the kind of pointers that will save me time fault-finding

i'm off to go see the beast - i'll let you know how i go

Andy

Synaux
02-23-2015, 11:21 PM
thanks Allan & Synaux

these may just be the kind of pointers that will save me time fault-finding

i'm off to go see the beast - i'll let you know how i go

Andy
If you do find a dev spew be sure to clean everything--especially the yellow IU--developer is abrasive.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes :)

aAandy
02-26-2015, 08:03 AM
update

visited client, they had colour print samples & only the black content was washed out - definitely the K IU

noticed the blue retaining clip for the K IU was dislodged & hanging free,,,, removed the small metal retaining plate & checked drum unit & machine interior - no dev spillage,,, modified the metal plate to hold the IU in as tight as possible, cleaned all IU contacts & refitted

sadly, they said they had no washout out prints today,,, i ran a good hundred or so pages, both colour & mono,, with no problems

hopefully i won't hear from them again

many thanks for your suggestions people - it is very much appreciated

Custom Search