PDA

View Full Version : p-14 trouble

Custom Search

debby
02-24-2015, 11:06 AM
please i need your help on how to solve the p-14 problem on my boss's c451 bizhub he has tried reseating the K IU and skew adjustment also initialize / stabilization yet no improvement.

hotfuser
02-24-2015, 12:45 PM
please i need your help on how to solve the p-14 problem on my boss's c451 bizhub he has tried reseating the K IU and skew adjustment also initialize / stabilization yet no improvement.

Have you loaded A00J0Y0-0050-GC1-22 this problem was fixed with the firmware. P-14 (Skew correction trouble)

habik
02-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Check the ITB for broken primary transfer roller brackets.

Synaux
02-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Solution ID 106 Solution Usage TAUS0703835EN*
Description
P-14at power up possibly with incorrect color registration (P-21 and/orP-22 may also be indicated).
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Soiled/dirty IDC Registration sensor(s).
Clean IDC Registration sensor/F (IDCS/F) and IDC Registration sensor/R (IDCS/R).

2. Failing or failed IDC Registration sensors (IDC Registration sensor/Fand IDC Registration sensor/R).
Replace both IDC Registration sensors (p/n V869 9000 45).

3. Low level of firmware.
Update firmware level to most current level available. A printer file only firmware for use after installation of G00-R5 called GC1-22 corrects false P-14 codes
(see attached documentation).The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from
SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
Note :If the problem is not corrected, replace the Imaging Unit (IU).
CYAN - p/n A0600JF
MAGENTA - p/n A0600DF
YELLOW - p/n A06007F
BLACK - p/n A06003F

4. Failed print head relay board.
Note : Code may occur after stabilization runs. Performing the color alignment adjustment does not correct the problem.
Replace the print head relay board (p/n A00J H003 00). The print head relay board is also referred to as REYB/PH or PWB-J.
Besure to check Imaging Unit(s) and replace if necessary. Target the Black Imaging Unit which is the most common cause of the P-14 code.

5. The Color Alignment Adjustment was not performed during setup.
Note : Code may be indicated after a new setup.
Perform the Color Alignment Adjustment:
a. Enter Service mode.
b. Select Machine.
c. Select and perform the Color Alignment Adjustment.
d. Exit Service mode and cycle the power.
Also, pleasemake sure to check the Imaging Unit(s) and replace if necessary. Target Black Imaging Unit which is the most common cause of the P-14 code.

6. The Skew adjustment needs to be performed.
Perform the following skew adjustment procedure:
a.Enter Tech Rep mode.
b.Select Machine.
c.Skew Adjustment.
d.Perform the procedure as outlined in the Service Manual orrefer tothe attached documentation.

7. Skew correction values not optimum.
Set skew correction values to 50 instead of values printed on PH assembly. Check thevalue for Magenta laser which should be 236as printed onlabel on PH
assembly. Any value for Magenta PH skew lower than 212, excluding 0, allows the unit to function normally.

8. Incorrect machine setup (new install).
Use the following Troubleshooting steps when machine is installed, as recommended by Konica Minolta (Japan):
a.Perform “Skew adjustment reset”.
b.Perform “Initialize + Image Stabilization”.
c.Installfirmware version GC1-22. Go to stepdif not recovered.
d.Change the IU-Black.
e.Perform “Skew adjustment reset”.
f. Perform “Initialize + Image Stabilization”. Go to stepgif not recovered.
g.Confirm whether the values of Skew adjustment and PH unit arethe same.

Ifthey are the same, go to stepjif not recovered.

Ifthey aredifferent, input the value of the PH unit in the panel then go to step h.
h.Perform “Skew adjustment reset”.
i.Perform “Initialize + Image Stabilization”: Go to stepjif not recovered.
j.Change the PH unit.
k. Input the value of the PH unit in the panel.
l. Perform “Skew adjustment reset”.
m.Perform “Initialize + Image Stabilization”.
Note : Please see attached Color Shift document and refer to Service Manual for all adjustment procedures.To view a PDF, you may need to download a
free copy of Adobe Reader®.

Synaux
02-24-2015, 03:49 PM
I also had an IC5 chip blow on the Printhead Relay board, replaced the board another one blew. I never could find a cause....

Synaux
02-24-2015, 03:50 PM
Check the ITB for broken primary transfer roller brackets.

ITB?

hotfuser
02-24-2015, 04:09 PM
ITB?

Image Transfer Belt

Synaux
02-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Image Transfer Belt
Doh!

Custom Search