PDA

View Full Version : wrinkles 11X17 Bizhub C552

Custom Search

Gar the pilot
03-12-2015, 06:01 PM
My fused only has around 200K but has started to wrinkling 11 X 17. I installed a used fuser unit and it was fine so I know the fuser is at fault. Is there any adjustments for these? the copier has 1,559,XXX copies on it and the fuser was replaced 9 months ago. Did we just get a bummer fuser? I mostly do Mitas ( Kyrocera ) but have a small group of the K-Minoltas that I care take. The past fusers have gone to PM count but with High Miles I wonder if something else has a part in the wrinkling. I find nothing in the service Manual about any fuser adjustments for wrinkles and entrince plates are clean. Luckly for me the client buys all consumables, but it is still a big hit for them.
Thank You and clear skys
Gar the Pilot

minimerlin
03-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Sorry to say but there is nothing you can do to the fuser unit to stop this happening, but it may help to make sure that the machine goes into energy save after 10 minutes at idle.

allan
03-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Jip problem on the fuser.

907tec
03-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Have you done a stop test to confirm that it is the fuser at fault? I have had a lot of problems with the bypass door assembly and hinge on this model family, causing wrinkling at the trailing edge of 11x17 in the registration roller. I would confirm that the wrinkling (or even skew) is happening at the fuser and not at the registration assembly. If it is happening at the registration area, I would recommend replacing the entire bypass tray assembly.

EarthKmTech
03-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Back in the days of C451 series this problem was very common and it is solved by increasing the printer registration loop. I've rarely seen it on the updated c452 series but believe it worked last time I saw it.

habik
03-13-2015, 01:04 AM
If you feed from tray 2 check the rear or even front lock hook on the side door below Bypass Tray. I had it today on C650. A5 paper was crinkly and A3 was crinkly but predominantly jamming. In my case rear locking hook on the door.
Regards to fuser check a thread I posted couple days ago on C452 Light patch on halftone prints. Fusers can get old fairly quick!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Gar the pilot
03-16-2015, 05:43 PM
:)
Thanks All. Habik, I printed out the thread on that C452 to help with more T/S-ing I am thinking fuser, as when I first replaced it with an old one the wrinkling went away for a month+. the old fuser just had the press roller go bad. But I will look into every thing else.
Thanks
Gar the Pilot

Custom Search