PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Installing new MFP board on bizhub c284

Custom Search

nuxynux
03-26-2015, 04:42 PM
Hi There ..

I have a bizhub c284 , the NIC is not working so i bought another MFP board .

When i installed the new board and power on the screen stuck on 2 white arrows and didn't boot , after reading i know that there is instructions i should follow in order to install it correctly and boot .

So my question is what are the instructions , where i can download the latest firmware for the MFP and how to install it , i read also about resetting the NVRAm , is it necessary and how to do that , please fox any help to boot my machine again .

allan
03-26-2015, 05:24 PM
There is no NVram on this machine, is uses a SSD module. If you install a new board you need to start the machine up with a firmware upgrade.
Your problem could be a firmware mismatch or a memory module that does not work correctly or not installed correctly.

Did you put the old SSD module onto the new MFPB?

I would strongly suggest getting the manual for this procedure.

What proof do you have the the nic on the old board is dead?

nuxynux
03-26-2015, 09:05 PM
There is no NVram on this machine, is uses a SSD module. If you install a new board you need to start the machine up with a firmware upgrade.
Your problem could be a firmware mismatch or a memory module that does not work correctly or not installed correctly.

Did you put the old SSD module onto the new MFPB?

I would strongly suggest getting the manual for this procedure.

What proof do you have the the nic on the old board is dead?

Thanks a lot for your respond , SSD here act as NVram , right ? i installed the new MFP board and the old SSD .
I thought that maybe i could use reset tools and restore configurations from the old SSD to the new MFP . is that right ?
OR i should install a new firmware directly to my board , and what consideration to avoid mismatching ?
Thank you my friend , i am a newbie not a technician .

ptrflrs
03-27-2015, 01:03 AM
Also at initial firmware update screen there are 2 buttons on lower right of screen. On one of these you have to set model code. There is a video on official km website. This might be what you are missing.

blackcat4866
03-27-2015, 01:05 AM
You really really need the manual to do this thing right. It may not be too late. =^..^=

wseyller
03-27-2015, 01:09 AM
Yep many specific steps to this. The board doesn't know which model you are installing it too. You have to enter the model and type in the firmware machine fix menu.

allan
03-27-2015, 01:16 AM
Yes the SSD is a solid state replacement for NVram. Hope you can get it working, otherwise the OEM is the only guys that can fix it. Read the manual to understand how the factory information gets backed up on the different boards. you can't swap 2 boards at the same time otherwise the data gets lost and the machine becomes office decoration.

EarthKmTech
03-27-2015, 01:21 PM
If you can spend $1000 on a new MFP board, you can afford 1 hour of a technicians time to install it correctly before it is turned into an expensive paper weight.

Custom Search