PDA

View Full Version : CQ C203 Not Printing Magenta or Yellow

Custom Search

Wayne Redman
03-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Hi Guys

Have a Bizhub C203 that is not printing out Magenta or Yellow. I've replace both M & Y Imaging units, cleaned optics/laser with wand, went into simulation and done gradient test - No magenta and yellow on test. Checked Toner levels, all look normal. Thinking it could be developer drive motor that drives both M & Y. Any thoughts.

Regards

Reddog:confused:

allan
03-29-2015, 11:50 PM
All the colors runs on the same motor M2 thats for the drum and the dev. If its that there must be gears broken. Then swop the drive section. Otherwise it could be HV.

The machine would give you alert codes that should be helpful in finding the problem also check the data under state confirmation to see if something is fishy there.

Manual on blank prints:

Check PH connectors
Check Drive couplings
Check IU contacts
Check HV

Wayne Redman
03-29-2015, 11:57 PM
Hi Allan

It has not thrown up any error codes as yet and there is no grinding noises. I was assuming the Dev augers were not turning therefore depleting the dev of toner. Agree with you that it could be HV. I will check it out later today.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers

Reddog

allan
03-30-2015, 12:00 AM
Check for P-codes if there is color missing you are sure to have them. Look for the oil can icon. The machine can't complete stabilization correctly with a color missing.

Wayne Redman
03-30-2015, 12:49 AM
I have a P7, P8 & P21. Just Run Image Process Adjustment > DMax > all were 0 in Copy and Print.

Looking at Drive to Imaging units.

Brett GS
03-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Have you tested th HV in another machine? Sounds like it could be that.

Brett

Albonline
03-30-2015, 02:57 PM
stick a magnetic screwdriver into the toner collecting box,does steel come out? yes, replace hv unit! not rocket science.

francisco
03-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Hi Guys

Have a Bizhub C203 that is not printing out Magenta or Yellow. I've replace both M & Y Imaging units, cleaned optics/laser with wand, went into simulation and done gradient test - No magenta and yellow on test. Checked Toner levels, all look normal. Thinking it could be developer drive motor that drives both M & Y. Any thoughts.

Regards

Reddog:confused:

change transfer belt

Albonline
03-30-2015, 03:12 PM
change transfer belt

he's right, could be first transfer rollers knocked out of place.

ivovb
03-31-2015, 07:04 AM
It might be laser units. Swap magenta and cyan in order to check idea...

Ahmed Bushara
03-31-2015, 07:35 AM
hi first check if the image is printing on the transfer belt or not before do any thing,some time transfer don't pickup image from drum. if you miss Y&M on transfer belt you need to replace transfer belt.:rolleyes:

avecosat
03-31-2015, 04:53 PM
If you donīt have image in a transfer belt or in the UI the first time you need to do is clean the HV contacts or change HV.

Custom Search