PDA

View Full Version : FS-532 eject belt installation

Custom Search

blackcat4866
04-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Friday ... 240 minutes of sheer head-scratching delight.

Clearly the manufacturer never imagined that someone would try to replace the eject belt.

A few quick tips:
1) The eject drive is timed in three places. Position the eject stopper at the top of the stacker tray. Using a paint pen or nail polish make timing dots a) where the belt aligns with the timing pulley, b) where the gear/timing flag 102T meets gear 18T, c) and where the metal actuator in the eject drive aligns with the frame (see pix).
2) Any time you come across painted screws, scribe the brackets and/or position of the screws, so you can restore the original position. This is vastly easier then trying to figuring out how to do every adjustment. When reassembling re-paint the appropriate screws.
3) Take some pix of the routing of the wire harness. A skipped/wrong loom can make the harness 15mm too short by the time you get to the end.

I took some notes. If you're going to do the task maybe the notes will help. Request by PM. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
04-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Fun. Our instructor said Konica tried once to redesign this but end-users still found a way to pull out transport section when they shouldn't. But now they've figured it out with firmware and mechanical latches

scottybbb
04-06-2015, 08:39 PM
I have done it twice.Found step by step instructions somewhere on Konica Minoltas website.

blackcat4866
04-06-2015, 11:44 PM
On the adjoining machine I replaced the 1st knife assy on the SD-510. That was much more manageable. My enduser had managed to bend the knife, and shred the mylars. I didn't discover until later that having intact mylars is not as important as getting the shredded ones out of the booklet makers stapling tray. Live and learn. =^..^=

Mick01
04-07-2015, 05:02 AM
Some great tips there. I have assisted in quite a few now of this belt replacement (it gets easier as you do more of them). I have attached the replacement procedure document that was made by the support centre in EU

blackcat4866
04-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Some great tips there. I have assisted in quite a few now of this belt replacement (it gets easier as you do more of them). I have attached the replacement procedure document that was made by the support centre in EU

That's a lot more difficult than what I did. I left the stacker tray endstops in the stacker, and just marked and removed the 4 screws and nuts. Sure I struggled in the confined space to remove the screws with a #2 bit and 1/4" box end wrench, but it knocked 20 steps off that procedure. Nice pictures! I only snapped a few of the harness routing, and the timing marks.

Thanks for attaching the bulletin! =^..^=

andyf424
05-12-2015, 02:46 PM
I have to attempt this in the next couple of days. Does anyone have the new P/N for the eject belt by any chance? The P/N I gave my parts guy has apparently been discontinued.

allan
05-12-2015, 05:57 PM
ouch hope i don't run into this.

blackcat4866
05-13-2015, 12:31 AM
I have to attempt this in the next couple of days. Does anyone have the new P/N for the eject belt by any chance? The P/N I gave my parts guy has apparently been discontinued.

PM to me an email destination. =^..^=

andyf424
05-14-2015, 12:58 AM
Thanks BC, turns out I had an old parts manual. Found the new one where it lists the whole assembly. Absolutely slammed this week, covering someone else's territory, no idea where I'm gonna find the time to do this.

Custom Search