PDA

View Full Version : C350 dropping off the network

Custom Search

phabz
05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a Bizhub C350 that keeps dropping off the network, I can ping the machine but can't access the pagescope web interface nor can scan to email. Once I power cycle the machine everything goes back to normal.
I have it installed on a Dell server with Windows 2003 SBS and hooked on a dell switch 1gbps
I had the hard drive swapped, the motherboard swapped, new network cables, new drivers and firmware, changed the port on the switch, changed the ip addresses, made reservations on the DHCP for the ip address, also, when it drops off, I used a laptop with a cross over cable and could ping the copier but couldn't access pagescope.
Is this a copier issue or something on the network?
- I noted that it usually stays on the network for about 4 hours and it drops.
Thanks for the help.

RockETop
05-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I have a Bizhub C350 that keeps dropping off the network, I can ping the machine but can't access the pagescope web interface nor can scan to email. Once I power cycle the machine everything goes back to normal.
I have it installed on a Dell server with Windows 2003 SBS and hooked on a dell switch 1gbps
I had the hard drive swapped, the motherboard swapped, new network cables, new drivers and firmware, changed the port on the switch, changed the ip addresses, made reservations on the DHCP for the ip address, also, when it drops off, I used a laptop with a cross over cable and could ping the copier but couldn't access pagescope.
Is this a copier issue or something on the network?
- I noted that it usually stays on the network for about 4 hours and it drops.
Thanks for the help.

One thing I've seen is having two devices on the network w/ the same IP address. Disconnect the copier and ping the address again. You should get no response.

Is it a Fiery controller or the on board controller?

phabz
05-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Disconnected and pinged... timed out... connected again and pinged... ok...
So I guess only the C350 is using that ip address.
It is a standard controller.

Any other suggestions?

random
05-15-2008, 07:43 AM
What we have found is the controller freaks out with network traffic and shuts down. To get around this you should get a switch with a built in firewall or a some sort of software firewall and block all put the ports you require. This usually solves this problem particularly with c350.

Custom Search