PDA

View Full Version : Analog Minolta EP-1083 - Kodak Gray Scale needed

Custom Search

spree
04-15-2015, 02:52 PM
Hello,

I need Kodak Gray Scale (KGS) for the optimum exposure setting. Please do you have any idea how to get it? Where can I download it, or which part number has Minolta to buy it from Minolta?

Thank you very much for help.

spree
04-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Here is a link from manual what I need:

http://i61.tinypic.com/29njsky.jpg

Thankx

Hansoon
04-15-2015, 03:28 PM
No need for that scale. Just get yourself an original with pencil writings on it and adjust the exposure until the copies come out good and the background stays clean.

BTW: You KNOW that the factory stopped support for this old lady since 04/2007 and parts are not available anymore?

Hans

spree
04-15-2015, 03:55 PM
I know about endlife of supported parts from Minolta, but still you can give there OPC, blade, developer (OPC, blade from other manufacturers).

When you make copie, sometimes (when you turn on the copier at the morning) make this poor quality image, but other copies after this poor qualite copie are good. This will happened after replacing: OPC, blade and developer (with inicializing developer with F8 function). After that the image was pale - it will be necessary to make exposure settings with F3, F5 (without Kodak Gray Scale). After that image was fine. After one week the customer call with this isue (after power on the copier in the morning, one copie has poor quality and other copies are good).

Here is the poor quality image :

http://i57.tinypic.com/14xzb78.jpg

Iowatech
04-16-2015, 12:25 AM
After one week the customer call with this isue (after power on the copier in the morning, one copie has poor quality and other copies are good).

It kind of sounds to me like there is a film of water vapor on the drum when the machine is first turned on. In this area at least the cold temperature overnight combined with the normal humidity this time of year can cause something like that.
See if your customer can leave the machine alone for maybe ten minutes or more after turning it on (an hour would be better, but some people are impatient so that might not work), that will give the heat from the fuser some time to evaporate humidity on the drum. If that doesn't change anything, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

spree
04-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Thank you Iowatech, we will try "drum dehuminity".

zaza
04-16-2015, 01:26 PM
Thank you Iowatech, we will try "drum dehuminity".in my opinion and since my experience in this model ..you have bad developer ..all is damaged by toner ..you must be change by new bottle of developer !! good luck .

Hansoon
04-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Phew..., thank God its not an issue of frimwar this time Zaza.......

:)

Hans

spree
04-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Drum dehuminity - without changes :(

Next week I will check it.

spree
04-17-2015, 04:44 PM
in my opinion and since my experience in this model ..you have bad developer ..all is damaged by toner ..you must be change by new bottle of developer !! good luck .
We changed some days before it started the developer, also the OPC drum and drum cleaning blade.
But there was a problem with developer initalization after changing this parts.
The machine started to have rattling sound during initializing of the developer and after only few seconds machine suddenly stops.
I took units out and assembly it once more.
After then the machine initialize developer properly.
The machine make "black copies" only first 5-6 copies in the morning when they turn on the machine.

darry1322
04-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Do the exposure adjustments. If the problem continues, you may have an exposure lamp going bad.

ptrflrs
04-18-2015, 02:23 AM
if you have a fiery or maybe one of your customers they usually come with a nice set of grayscales. if i remember right the older fierys had an actual kodak greyscale and the newer ones have a similar one. maybe you can borrow them for the adjustment if thats what you think it needs otherwise the #2 pencil should work like someone suggested.

Custom Search