PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 42 scan settings getting lost

Custom Search

mascan42
04-27-2015, 12:28 AM
I have a customer that keeps losing some of their scan settings every few weeks. The administrator email address disappears, and the SMTP authentication gets disabled. This seems to happen spontaneously and completely at random - sometimes it happens a few days after I fix it, sometimes a month later. I've tried replacing the MFPB, the hard drive, the memory, the SSD board, and none of it seems to make any difference.

allan
04-27-2015, 12:54 AM
Make sure its not an IT guy doing that. Its strange that it would only loose those settings and not the sever address and the rest.

splblazer91
04-27-2015, 02:59 AM
Agree with Allan. Change the Admin password to only something you know and see if it happens again.

mascan42
05-02-2015, 05:47 PM
That had occurred to me, but considering the customer, if I bring it up, neither I or the machine will be welcome in the building again.

Also, they've got 20 other machines, and none of the others have any issues.

JR2ALTA
05-03-2015, 01:17 PM
this can happen if there is an IP conflict. maybe someone is turning on a printer with the same static or a rogue laptop somewhere.

btw it's funny your handle is maSCAN42 and you're posting about a 42 scan issue

allan
05-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Change the admin password and don't tel any one. I change it to 23456789. and for good measure change the IP address and reserve it if possible, give the network administrator the MAC address and ask him for a new IP address. If that does not fix it the problem is with the machine.

Custom Search