PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine BizHub C280

Custom Search

aAandy
05-06-2015, 01:48 AM
Hello everywon

C280 powers up, can hear motors running etc as if the DC controller is doing its thang - but no display at all

i have the HDD out & am running hitachi diag tests on it, fast test showed a pass with no errors, slow test is in progress

having read through many threads, the only thing that came up as a possibility was bad RAM

any pointers would be much appreciated - and if it is RAM,, what type of RAM do i need for it? (the machine is a 1 hour drive away, so i'd prefer not to return to remove the RAM etc)

thanks in advance

Andy

aAandy
05-11-2015, 03:43 AM
bump

anybody????

allan
05-11-2015, 03:54 AM
does the machine stabilize if you open and close the front door. Maybe its a bad panel.
but in the both cases i had something similar the MFPB's was bad.

rrrohan
05-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Pc2-4300 2gb

aAandy
06-10-2015, 08:17 AM
does the machine stabilize if you open and close the front door. Maybe its a bad panel.
but in the both cases i had something similar the MFPB's was bad.

got myself a used MFP board from a working machine, with ram & a battery memory module

before i go install it, is there anything else i should know? is there any chance the dead MFP board has damaged the DC controller? should i test it without the fax board fitted just in case that got taken out by the MFP board?

any further tips would be very much appreciated

thanks again

Andy

EarthKmTech
06-10-2015, 10:46 AM
got myself a used MFP board from a working machine, with ram & a battery memory module

before i go install it, is there anything else i should know? is there any chance the dead MFP board has damaged the DC controller? should i test it without the fax board fitted just in case that got taken out by the MFP board?

any further tips would be very much appreciated

thanks again

Andy

"battery memory module" is the NVRAM, use the one that originally came with the machine.

Here in konica town, we don't use canon terminology like "DC controller", we call it a printer control board. You may get more attention using the correct terminology ;)

You can install the second hand mfp board without issue, if you start it up without the fax card installed you will just get an error. no big deal, atleast you will know if it is alive or not.

Every time ive had a 360 series do this its been the mfp board.

Update the firmware when your done too.

aAandy
06-10-2015, 11:28 AM
"battery memory module" is the NVRAM, use the one that originally came with the machine.

Here in konica town, we don't use canon terminology like "DC controller", we call it a printer control board. You may get more attention using the correct terminology ;)

You can install the second hand mfp board without issue, if you start it up without the fax card installed you will just get an error. no big deal, atleast you will know if it is alive or not.

Every time ive had a 360 series do this its been the mfp board.

Update the firmware when your done too.

how can i be sure the NVRAM didn't get killed by the MFP board? i'd prefer to reprogram everything rather than fit the old NVRAM & find it kills the replacement MFP board

it was 22 yrs ago i worked for Konica Australia, excuse me for using the generic term for the board

thanks for the tips

fixthecopier
06-10-2015, 12:41 PM
I would agree with the other post. If I am working on a Konica and it boots without a screen, I am looking at the MFB. Never heard of an issue where it damaged the nvram, or the other way around. Usually one or the other is bad. And while you are swapping company terms, the MFB on a Konica is the formatter on an HP.

allan
06-10-2015, 10:50 PM
Yes aslo no problem with using existing NVRam, but you will get a license management error that can only be cleared with the LMS server.
The error does not affect the operation of the machine.

aAandy
06-10-2015, 11:34 PM
thank you one and all for your time, effort & advice - it is very much appreciated

aAandy
06-11-2015, 03:50 AM
not so good news

installed replacement MFP board, used original HDD & NVRAM - machine fires up & gives me a C-C164 error (ROM contents error) - does this mean my 2nd hand board supplier didn't give me a board from a C280?

I presume this means I need to update firmware, but I've no access to firmware & I've not done a firmware update on these machines before

any further direction would be greatly appreciated

Andy

Custom Search