PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C554e Noise and other issues

Custom Search

Guy Milner
05-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Hi,

We have a C554e with some weird problems. I haven't witnessed this yet, but I'm due to go in to the customers tomorrow, so this has all come from another engineer.

1) Strange noise, but as yet, where from is unknown?
2) All 4 drums were worn down to the metal at the front and rear edges
3) The transfer belt had lines ingrained in it.
4) In state confirmation, the ATDC levels for all 4 dev units were showing at under 1%
5) An error of C2557 has appeared once, but not again
6) The 4 drums and transfer belt have been replaced, but the noise is still there, so the machine has been switched off.

It's quite difficult to run the machine, to test for the noise, with most things removed!

The dev units are not end of life.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Guy

wseyller
05-12-2015, 05:20 PM
For noise you can use the "load check" in service mode to turn on certain motors.

Are Dev units getting toner?

allan
05-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Was the waste box installed? There was a short time where these "e" did not detect the waste box correctly so the machine could run without it if it was not installed.

Not sure what happen there but it should be easy enough to find the cause.

Find the source of the noise and correct it to check, before you replace anything.

Then replace all dev units, drum units and the transfer belt.

Guy Milner
05-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Thanks for prompt replies.

I will see this for the first time tomorrow morning and will update. We've got plenty of these machines out there and apart from ssdb, transfer belts, dev unit problems and some jamming issues on the right hand side, they have been ok machines.

allan
05-12-2015, 05:53 PM
There is a fix for you right hand door jams.
I am getting nothing but joy out of these machines.

Guy Milner
05-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Yes, all other issues have been resolved. This is a new fault.

Thanks

Brett GS
05-13-2015, 08:44 PM
There is a fix for you right hand door jams.
I am getting nothing but joy out of these machines.

What fix is there for the right door jams alan??

allan
05-13-2015, 11:38 PM
What fix is there for the right door jams alan??

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/97454-j20-02-c364.html

Guy Milner
05-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Visited today, but the noise had gone. The black dev unit is faulty (causing some weird smudgy black marks) even though over 60% life left on it. A second machine is next to it, so we tested the K dev unit from there. Whether the noise returns, we aren't sure at the moment!

EarthKmTech
05-14-2015, 12:57 PM
554 fusers squeak badly from half life onwards depending on usage, if its a high pitched metalic noise it will be the fuser. All 4 series that actually get used do it eventually, 554 and up are induction fusers so will be most common in those as they rotate constantly while awake.

Guy Milner
05-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Yes, we know about the fuser squeaks. The bushings on the end of the cleaning roller wear. We carry spares.
The colour dev units were reading ok levels this time, but the black was low and definitely causing copy quality issues. Previous engineer said the noise was so bad, the machine had to be turned off. We've ordered a K dev unit and will just have to hope that the noise won't return!

EarthKmTech
05-14-2015, 11:57 PM
I have also had noises come from the black toner hopper every time toner is added (squeak)
noises come from reversal unit bushings on a near new machine (squeak)
idler gear at manual bypass tray (squeak)
transfer belts back up on these just like the c360 series and block the waste toner chute - though not as often it does happen. (ratcheting sound 10x louder than c360 series)
fuser bearings knock as per all machines when worn
fusing drive unit exit drive clutch bushings wear and knocks come from there too at idle.
reg section seizes on 4 series anywhere from 300 - 800k but that results in jams too, not just a strained motor sound

thats all the noises I can think of for now, but everytime it is something different and usually forgotten lubrication at the factory.

allan
05-15-2015, 02:39 AM
Jip the transfer belt cleaning gears slipping can make one hell of a noise.

Custom Search