PDA

View Full Version : Transfer belt tearing PRESS 1052

Custom Search

blackcat4866
05-15-2015, 12:44 AM
They're supposed to last 12M per the PM list, but on this one machine the first one lasted 1.5M, and each one after has been less. The belt is tracking to the rear, rubbing on the rear transfer frame. It's had 4 belts, a transfer belt assy (includes the frame, pulleys, etc.), and the belt cleaner assy. I found that the belt lifter drive was a little stiff at the latching mechanism. The spring could not return the latching arms. A few drops of light oil to the bushings took care of that. I left the Delrin latching actuator dry, since it's exposed to lots of paper dust, and grease will just collect paper dust and make thick pasty mud.

The belt is ripped when I arrive, but there is no obvious area of rotational rubbing, excepting the rear edge. The damaged belt is wrinkled and partially stuffed in the cleaner, so its difficult to determine if any of that damage to the belt is cause or effect.

The last thing that I noticed is that the position adjustment of the transfer cleaner as ~1.5mm askew to align with the fuser inlet guide. I've tried various position adjustments, and it doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone seen this? I'd like those transfer belts to last at least 1M (a PM cycle). =^..^=

allan
05-15-2015, 02:34 AM
On a B1250 the recommended yield 4M. There is a section that explains that the cleaning section screws should not be loosened and that its lined up with the drum cradle in the factory. But its needs to be replaced at 16M
While on training i was shown to use a method to get it lined up ok using some brkt that is somewhere on the machine and to let it settle first by not tightening the screws all the way at firts.

If i am at one of the machines i will have a look, i only did this in training.

blackcat4866
05-15-2015, 02:48 AM
I saw the brackets mounted to the lift mechanism under the belt for storage. They're labelled "Front" and "Rear". I imagine the attached post on each bracket lines up with something, but I couldn't figure out exactly what. =^..^=

allan
05-15-2015, 02:56 AM
I checked, the procedure is in the manual. Page F-139 SM v1.

blackcat4866
05-15-2015, 03:07 AM
Thanks allan.

Zackuth
05-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Had a problem with the transfer belt tracking on a 1051. What had happened was toner had gotten on the felt pads on the ends and hardened and were causing the belt to track. I took a small knife blade and cleaned both pads, that was about a year ago with out it repeating. Now every time I'm at the machine I check those pads and clean off toner build up.

blackcat4866
05-16-2015, 02:31 AM
I did the jig adjustment today. It's easy to do, but didn't move the "two screws you shouldn't remove" very much. Time will tell. =^..^=

Custom Search