PDA

View Full Version : Electrical c450 fuser needs to be replaced

Custom Search

Richards
05-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Bought a used fuser about 3 months ago. Installed it. Worked great.

Last week the machine told me that the black IU, the transfer belt and the fuser needed to be replaced. This happened all at once. I expected this to happen to the IU and the transfer belt; so I replaced the IU and replaced the fuse on the transfer belt. The notices on both went off.
However, when I replaced the fuser with another used fuser which I purchased, the notice did not go off. I tried to reset it by holding the utility button down and turning the machine on. It just sits there saying that it is warming up (13 minutes) - which it is not.
I jumped the resistor on the fuser of the one that had been in there. I jumped it using a 100mA fuse in a fuse holder. No luck.

Both fusers will warm up, but the machine says to replace them. Help!! Could this be a motor/gear problem? Where would I start looking?
Thanks

Elmo
05-18-2015, 04:19 PM
I i remember right you need to use 80ma fuse

Richards
05-18-2015, 04:31 PM
I i remember right you need to use 80ma fuse
Thanks. Did not know that. I tried this jump over the weekend, but will order a new resistor, just to replace the blown one.

Elmo
05-18-2015, 04:50 PM
make that a 63ma fuse just found some old notes on the fuser

earney
06-04-2015, 02:10 PM
100ma fuse should be fine, I done it yesterday on a 250. We had a problem with a 450 not blowing fuses, never got to the bottom of it as new boards were simply to expensive. Ended up we downloaded a firmware version that let us set the fuser to no stop and let us disable the end of life warning. If you need any info pm me

Custom Search