PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 420 fail to update firmware because power failure

Custom Search

adrianG
05-19-2015, 06:17 PM
Hallo,
I have some big problems when tring to update firmare for bizhub 420,the copier was fully functional before, but ,unfortunatelly,when was in firmaware update process,sudenlly got a electrical power failure into the building.After electrical power got worked again there was no chances for me to make the copier work again.Tried to put all kind of firmaware versions but the copier display its just get stuck in blue screen and data led its flashing non-stop.
Any ideas how i can recover the machine?

Thank you!

darry1322
05-19-2015, 08:37 PM
From the manual :

:For the overall control board (OACB), when something is wrong with the firmware or no firmware is written, thenormal start-up cannot be made. In a case like this, when the power switch is ON, the data LED turns ON with
nothing shown on the touch panel, and the system is placed in the firmware stand-by mode."

It's been awhile, but if I remember correctly, power on the machine and when the data light starts flashing send the firmware file. May take some tweaking to get the timing right.

adrianG
05-19-2015, 09:12 PM
ty,tomorrow i will try this....

KingofMorton
05-20-2015, 04:52 AM
You will have to flash the lowest numbers first, something like 10 then 12 and then 20 and build from there. If you can make it to 24 then you are good.

10 is base: it tells it that it is a copier
12 is actual firmware that allows the machine to run
20 is considered step 2 and must be performed before anything in the 20's is flashed.
24 has the firmware fix for the fuser reset (they made it so that the fuser has a life warning and forgot to put the reset in 23 so they had to make a 24)

This is all from memory. The sequences I told you are correct and I think that the firmware numbers are correct. Use what I said as a guide and read the firmware description to back up my claims. If you make it to 24 then I would stop. I had one of these 4 years ago that tanked if 28 or 30 (step 3) was put on and I had to redo it (took about 1 hour) from base all over again. Anyone still using a BH420 shouldn't expect too much from a machine that old.

adrianG
05-20-2015, 06:44 PM
thank you KingofMorton , (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/kingofmorton.html) yuor solution worked for me :)

i have strated with version 11,then 13 with boot,20 and 31.Works fine! :)

Custom Search