PDA

View Full Version : Error Code BIZHUB C454e C-6104 error code

Custom Search

cap0319
05-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Hello All!

I have a bizhub c454e with a repeating error code c-6401. The machine is new with only 14k prints on it, also running the latest firmware k2 with 6.05m.

Steps taken so far:

System Error Clear
checked all connectors for the DF-701 board to PS7 Sensor as well as the connection to the Dual scan board.

The PS7 sensor wheel seems to be stopping in the wrong spot which to my understanding is the reason for the error. Through repeated use of error clear I have manually changed its position to align with the sensor properly but still no dice.

Originally the problem was started on a jam in the ADF which was cleared and I've found no trace of paper in the ADF.

Has anyone else had this problem?

All help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

jotunn
05-20-2015, 08:50 PM
Hmm, as I remember your problem may be related to incorrect positioning of cleaning brush and pulley (A3CEPP3000) - they are connected with timing belt which tends to slips off because it's little bit loose.
There is also one more thing - at the end of cleaning brush you will find another pulley (A3CEPP3101) and plate spring (A3CEPP3800), at the edge of pulley there are small square-shaped teeth.

They work together with plate spring as a kind of brake that prevents back movement of cleaning brush - those teeth tends to be worn when you try to rotate cleaning brush manually.
I had to replace this pulley (A3CEPP3101) and manually find correct position for cleaning brush in relation with the second pulley (A3CEPP3000).

splblazer91
05-21-2015, 01:08 AM
What he said. Good luck. This error code is usually a bear to get fixed. Lots of manual adjusting to get everything lined up. I believe there is a tech pub on it.

wseyller
05-21-2015, 04:27 AM
I also wish good luck. But yeah the timing is important with the belt and gears. I've had this entire adf model in complete disassembly before. It is easier if you have a working one to compare with. I'm surprise that you have this with a fairly new machine. Have you tried a new sensor or tested it in state confirmation in service mode. Because the timing issue is the wheel stops in the right place but the cleaning roller is not in the right place which means the gears/belt is not timed correctly. If the wheel isn't stopping in the right place I would think sensor is not working as it should.

EarthKmTech
05-21-2015, 10:22 AM
if you have done the basics, including ensuring the revised thin cis cable is installed and the timing is correct, replace the mfp board.

The machine does a self adjustment at a predetermined period and looks at the white part of the roller to perform it. if it cannot perform it, it is too stupid to tell you, halts the roller from continuing to rotate to home and throws a 6104. The missing error code has been absent since the df-701 was conceived.

Had it before. Dont believe me? replace the entire adf and watch it still do it ;)

cap0319
05-21-2015, 04:59 PM
Awesome, thanks guys! :)

It looks like MyKM is down at the moment, any one willing to post the tech pub that was mentioned?

Or any advice on getting the positioning and timing right for that belt and roller? I unfortunately don't have another to compare it too.

Custom Search