PDA

View Full Version : B601 skew

Custom Search

allan
06-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Anybody know how to do fine adjustment for paper skewing. It driving me crazy.
no adjustment is making any diference the skew is between .5 and 1 degree and just enough to bother a customer.

allan
06-05-2015, 05:52 PM
I can get it spot on but only form a single tray ether 1 or 2.
All four machines were fine before and previous attempt to do the printer area work like a charm until the machines were relocated.

EarthKmTech
06-06-2015, 11:55 AM
if i remember correctly, each tray feeder can be adjusted independantly and theres also another adjustment possible at the registration section.

If a particular tray is way off I've simply replaced the feed unit in the past and thats solved the problem for me.

allan
06-06-2015, 03:15 PM
I started with a loop adjustment for registration and pre-registration to see if there would be any difference. I then adjusted the registration unit with no change. I striped and cleaned the registration roller. Then changed feed tires that work wonders on one of the trays.

It was a very frustrating day i managed to get one trays in spec on all four machines. Two worked right from the 1st tray and the other two form tray 2.

The adjustment on this machine does not do the adjustment for each tray. its got pre-registration and the centering sensor. So its seem my problem is mechanical.

jerogers2004
06-06-2015, 08:34 PM
Remove the two paper dust collector's and see if you skew goes away, They sit on top of the registration assy.(57AAR73100 Registration Cleaner Assy).

minimerlin
06-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Take a look at the white plastic rollers that run on top of the registration roller. The dust collectors are very prone to causing flats these rollers so then they stop rotating hence the skew!

EarthKmTech
06-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Take a look at the white plastic rollers that run on top of the registration roller. The dust collectors are very prone to causing flats these rollers so then they stop rotating hence the skew!

Yep, second this, very common.

Have you noticed though, that even brand new out of the bag they arent perfectly round ?

allan
06-07-2015, 06:11 AM
Thanks guys.

I will do that for good measure. I know about the flats spots. These machines get cleaned every 75K. I did check them but i will remove the cleaning pads to see if that does the trick.

allan
06-07-2015, 07:03 AM
Yep, second this, very common.

Have you noticed though, that even brand new out of the bag they arent perfectly round ?

hehe yes i did its got like 6 flat spots between the ribs.

EarthKmTech
06-08-2015, 10:42 AM
hehe yes i did its got like 6 flat spots between the ribs.

Pretty sure its got to be deliberate and somehow aids in the paper dust being removed. Either that or they got a very crappy manufacturing process that cant make round rollers.

Custom Search