Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Brother intelifax 2840 locks up and has to be rebooted. looking for a reset

Hi guys. the machine will be unresponsive until they reboot it. then a matter of days or weeks same thing. there was a reset used in the service mode on older MFC and DCP models that i used to use to clear out stored memory and resolved the issue. does anyone know if this model has a memory over full of thinks in it that can be cleared to fix this problem??
    any help would be appreciated. have a nice weekend, Jim

Smile Re: Brother intelifax 2840 locks up and has to be rebooted. looking for a reset

Try a partial memory clear 91 this saves all customer input details and speed dials.
    If this does not work full memory clear, factory default restore is 01

I presume you know how to enter service mode as you state you have done this on previous machine

Hope this helps

Re: Brother intelifax 2840 locks up and has to be rebooted. looking for a reset

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    Try a partial memory clear 91 this saves all customer input details and speed dials.
    If this does not work full memory clear, factory default restore is 01

I presume you know how to enter service mode as you state you have done this on previous machine

Hope this helps
    Thank you Dickie. yes i know the service entry code. are you referring to try code 91, and then 01? then i suppose 99 to exit. very much appreciated. getting old i guess. yesterday i disassembled a small sharp copier while the customer stood over me. the duplex transport fell out and unhooked a ground wire. i was fiddling with it and thought it was correct. then i had a major c.q. issue. i fiddled more. then he says, "here it is". i turn and he has the exploded parts diagram open to that section showing where the wire goes. mind you, this person likely cant use a screw driver. i said how did you get that. "i just googled it" its called manualsLib.com. and another olsonbros.com. damn, we used to have to pay manuals4u.com for a book.
    so, i got schooled yesterday also. thanks for your help. i hope you have a very nice weekend, Jim

Smile Re: Brother intelifax 2840 locks up and has to be rebooted. looking for a reset

Yes do a 91 first especially if the customer has changed a lot of the factory default settings or has a load of speed dial entries as this does not reset or clear them down.
    Then 99 to exit as you say

If this still does not solve it then the only thing you can try is a 01 which clears everything.
    Before doing this print out the settings report and speed dial list.
    After doing this print the settings report again and compare the before and after for anything that is different so you can re-input the customers settings and their user i.d. Then re-input the speed dials if any, or warn the customer what you have got to do beforehand and tell them they will have to re-input them themselves. Specially if they have lots input.

Good luck

Regards
    Richard

Re: Brother intelifax 2840 locks up and has to be rebooted. looking for a reset

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    Yes do a 91 first especially if the customer has changed a lot of the factory default settings or has a load of speed dial entries as this does not reset or clear them down.
    Then 99 to exit as you say

If this still does not solve it then the only thing you can try is a 01 which clears everything.
    Before doing this print out the settings report and speed dial list.
    After doing this print the settings report again and compare the before and after for anything that is different so you can re-input the customers settings and their user i.d. Then re-input the speed dials if any, or warn the customer what you have got to do beforehand and tell them they will have to re-input them themselves. Specially if they have lots input.

Good luck

Regards
    Richard
    thank you very much Richard. i will try that this week. i hope you have a very nice weekend, Jim